LegacyGT.com

Guage Cluster Interchangability

ajlabish

hey i have a 01 L Sedan and I was wondering what it would take to switch a 05 LGT Cluster into it. if there wiring things that need to be done or bolt up issues. also please don't say "just buy an 05 LGT" because it's very narrow minded and does not support your fellow modders. if some one wants to do a mod then more power to them. we're all here to help one another, and that doesn't help anyone. thanks for the help.

I dont think so. The 05 head unit is completely different in terms of design. All the information is stored in the ecu which then has to associated with the ecu via programming.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

In theory it should actually work. All the data is put out on CAN BUS at the same addresses across most Subaru. They just get angry if messages they want aren't there.

The only issue would be the immobilizer. I don't think the '01 even had this, and if so souldn't be a big deal. Might have errors on the screen though.

It wont bolt up and wiring will be 100% custom. If you have the chops it should still display everything though.

Assuming your car doesn't have it already, would you not be better off trying to get hold of a blackout 3rd gen cluster. Would be a crap load easier and will have zero fitment issues unlike trying to fit a later one. Don't get the gauge sweep on startup but they're still a big improvement over the basic cluster. Some different coloured LED's in the outer rings makes them look alot more modern.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Archived