LegacyGT.com

Newbie but not to Subie

For short shifters you can get the Subaru STI shifter for our cars (not the one for the STI) or use the Subaru short shifter made for the '15 WRX. There arre also aftermarket short shift adapter plates such as this one that I have and love: http://www.boombaracing.com/2015-subaru-wrx-short-shift-transmission-plate/

There are other '15 WRX shifter goodies that you should consider as well such as the Perrin brass shifter bushing and the Perrin shift stop.

I run an AEM drop in filter with no issues. I would not worry about pairing the AEM filter with the Cobb OTS tune, but a protune is always better. I understand e-tunes can be had for under $200.

For the clutch there is the clutch damper delete. I Haven't done it but there is a thread on it.

The best bang for your buck mods in my opinion are the accessport, rear sway and the brass shifter bushing. They're pretty easy to diy too.

Ordered my first legacy mod today. Thanks everyone. 22mm RSB on the way.

Anyone ever have issues with Cobb customer service? I called to ask about accessport, the guy didn't really sell it to me. Wondering if it is cheaper to just get one time tune?

Ordered my first legacy mod today. Thanks everyone. 22mm RSB on the way.

Anyone ever have issues with Cobb customer service? I called to ask about accessport, the guy didn't really sell it to me. Wondering if it is cheaper to just get one time tune?

He doesn't need to "sell you on it". Those that pay attention and do the research will find in a no brainer to get an AP. The ability to monitor and easily log whenever you wish, or all the time, is what makes the Cobb AP so powerful. If you're not watching certain parameters on your motor, you're simply not taking care of your car, and a lot can go wrong that can damage a motor before a CEL ever appears.

If you get a used V2 for ~$300 and an e-tune for ~$200, then you are at the same cost as a one-time $500 dyno tune. Plus you have a diagnostic and monitoring functionality of the AP, plus the ability to change tunes fast and easy if you ever need to. It's a no brainer for sure.

Thanks GTEASER. I guess what I meant to say was the person I spoke to didn't seem to enthusiastic... hard to explain. Didn't seem like he should be a phone guy. Haha.

Can anyone give me a little more info about the clutch damper delete? I have had my 2010 LGT for three years but haven't really driven it on a regular basis until recently. This clutch and shifting is becoming tortuous.

Thanks again al .

If you can't tell if am really loving this site. Hopefully I can one day help a newb like myself...

Archived