LegacyGT.com

Central Locking

Not sure if your US models do this, but when I unlock using the remote, all door locks unlock, then immediately lock again with exception of the drivers door. To get the other doors to unlock I have to push the unlock button twice again! Could be just a euro thing but its damn annoying and there must be a way to disable it?

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk

On 1st press of the keyless remote the drivers door unlocks. On 2nd press all the doors unlock.

The only way the doors unlock by themselves is if the key is in the ignition and a door is open and you lock them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I've never noticed my doors unlocking and relocking on the first press.

There's either something wrong with mine or its a euro spec thing, my friend has a JDM wagon and that unlocks drivers on first press and all other doors on second.

Check for an aftermarket security system or car starter under the dash (if you don't have a fob for one already). Could be something someone did to just "make it work". Those are the only things other than a defective factory component that would cause this. My 2011 3.6r unlocks just the drivers door with first press then all with a second press.

Both factory key fobs appear normal, and no aftermarket equipment fitted. I'm going to try find someone who has a 2009 diesel the same as mine and see if its a 'feature' or a fault. Already checked a JDM 2.5 model and that works as expected.

Archived