LegacyGT.com

5th gen stereo unit swap

Has anyone done this?

I have an '11 Legacy 3.6R with the 6 CD changer. No nav. It also has the silly lookin Bluetooth connect unit.

I want to swap out my radio. I'd like to put in a factory nav deck. (Just to keep it looking stock). That and I can get an unlocked unit cheap on eBay. As well I can get the correct trim piece that goes around the stereo/climate controls on eBay.

My million dollar question. Is everything there to make it work? I assume it's mostly plug and play. However my concern is the antenna for the Navi. My vehicle not having Navi right now makes me think I need to find one.

Anyone try this. Should I just go the aftermarket way?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I would go aftermarket. I am assuming you don't have the Hamon Kardon system. The factory nav system is not a good one there are much better options in the aftermarket. You should also look into adding a backup camera, I do believe the harness is in the trunk you just need to wire it in.

It has been done, search the forum using google, and try to get a hold of svxdc he makes all kinds of harnesses for Subarus he can tell you exactly what you need for your goals.

Archived