LegacyGT.com

08-09 foglight housing in an 06 bumper?

RocketOgre

Just wondering how far off size-wise the two fog light housings are. I stumbled upon the morimoto LED housing replacments for the 08-09 and was musing over the idea of a foglight retrofit. If not a direct fit for the early model bumper, what about some of the different JDM options? Any of those share DNA with the 08-09? Thanks.

edit: Just realized I posted this in pics. Sorry guys, anyone able to move it to 4th gen?

Completely different. 08-09 is a reflector housing, 05-07 is a projector housing. The mounting points and bezels are not gonna work. You'd be better off trying an HID kit if you want increased output in the projector fog lights.

Not sure about JDM bumpers.

Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm not looking at a bulb replacement, I'm looking at these:

http://www.morimotohid.com/complete-headlight-fog-light-housings/subaru-morimoto-xb-led.html

Mostly need comparative dimensions between 05-07 fog lights and 08-09 if it's a similar size, a little massage and some fabrication should make it easy to mount these, if like the newer ones are a full inch bigger than it's hopeless and I'll look for a different solution. like retrofits or something.

Archived