LegacyGT.com

Suspension Change - Need Advice

STiNGER

I've been out of the game for a long time but I'm now in the midst of giving the 06 Legacy GT a bit of a makeover. I haven't done anything since 06!

As part of various fixes that are currently underway (new clutch, exhaust, etc) I would like to correct an issue that I've had with my car since my first round of mods. I have been running stock struts with Tein H tech springs. While I've enjoyed the advance in handling, I haven't enjoyed the harsh ride or he slightly saggy butt. I'm now +3 kids and I'm looking for a lateral move in suspension technology. I'd like to have a bit higher of car but maintain better handling than stock. My recollection of the stock suspension was that it was HORRIBLE. Floaty and no fun. Did I mention I have very little fundage?

Could you fine folks that are up on "feel" of suspension upgrades recommend something, new or used, that would work?

Thanks, Jeff!

2006 LGT LTD 5MT Brilliant Silver

Cobb AP w/ TDC S2 protune

Crucial DP

K&N Filter

Cusco F&R Sways

Tein H-Techs

Cobb F&R Endlinks

Kartboy SS

Xtec HID 5000K

If you want something comfy and practical for the kids, with much better handing than stock, I would go with Koni shocks with the stock springs.

Add some swaybars and sticky tires and you're set.

Thanks for the advice. So I kept stock struts and changed out springs originally. You would recommend just the opposite? So it would raise the car back up but still provide great handling? They are rather pricey; would you suggest a used set? I still have my OE springs. Would bilsteins do the same thing?

2006 LGT LTD 5MT Brilliant Silver

Cobb AP w/ TDC S2 protune

Crucial DP

K&N Filter

Cusco F&R Sways

Tein H-Techs

Cobb F&R Endlinks

Kartboy SS

Xtec HID 5000K

The stock springs will bring you back up to stock height, and they will be soft and comfortable. But with good shocks and swaybars the handling will still be very good. (all dependent on having good tires)

Bilsteins are better than stock struts by a lot, but the Koni's are definitely better than the Bilsteins, and they're adjustable so you can dial them in to your preferences.

Archived