LegacyGT.com

2.0 NA Very Very Bad Fuel Economy

My Legacy is a 01 NA 2L EJ201 5MT Legacy L That I got used and I'm the second owner and it has a fuel economy of a V8 Engine 4kmpl!! Ill tell the history It had some issues about 9 Error Codes Were there when I did the scan and all of them very fixed and no more error codes

Things I replaced and serviced.

1. Fuel Regulator and the Dampers ( The Return line was Blocked and I replaced that as the Pressure was as high as 80psi on the fuel line after that if this was feeding excessive fuel that must have been eliminated now fuel pressure sits at 40psi that is normal.

2.Injectors were Ultrasonic cleaned and checked for leaks and passed.

3.Spark plugs checked and re gapped.

4.Throttle body cleaned inside out.

5.Front and Back O2 sensors replaced.

Only Thing done was I Decat the car because the Cat was already rattling because it was broken inside now it's straight through It has a very bad hesitation on cold starts or if I start the car after parking it for 3 hours it is so bad it sometimes stalls I have to rev it to like 2500 or 3000 to get it out of this slope in my house to the road and it smells like unburnt fuel most of the time! it has very bad low end torque its hesitant to go from a stop light even in 2nd gear it jerks a bit and then starts to go.

I will post these values I got off my Live scanner at idle let me know if they are ok.

http://imgur.com/92v5q4Y

so no more codes now or do you still have some showing?

Do you have a full custom exhaust and what size piping?

checked the PCV system?

No more codes no mods on the Exhaust stock just the cat and resonators are taken off it... what about the PCV mate ?

Replaced cat found one locally ! for 35$ Instantly more power bottom end to top! Dono about fuel economy I shall report back with that unlike other idiots who abandon threads after finding the problem and resolving it I hate that!

That last pic from your scanner. Look at the fuel trim ...not sure what the 3 means, probably one of the cylinder banks. I believe that -28% means the ECU is detecting a very rich condition and trying to pull that much out of the fuel map.

Check that number again now that you've "fixed" it.

That last pic from your scanner. Look at the fuel trim ...not sure what the 3 means, probably one of the cylinder banks. I believe that -28% means the ECU is detecting a very rich condition and trying to pull that much out of the fuel map.

Check that number again now that you've "fixed" it.

Like I said I'm Yet to check the Fuel economy but definitely the Bottom end bogging down and hesitation is gone so lets see how the economy is and then we can tell if it's 'Fixed' the issue. And I will check that as well.

You cannot accurately gauge fuel economy from partial fillups! Fill the tank all the way, reset trip meter, drive til it's low. And then fill it again. Divide the distance driven by the amount of fuel it takes to fill again. If you go 300km and it takes 15L to fill, that's 20km/L. Or 5L/100km.

And yes you replaced sensors and your fuel trims were way out of wack, you MUST reset the ECU.

You cannot accurately gauge fuel economy from partial fillups! Fill the tank all the way, reset trip meter, drive til it's low. And then fill it again. Divide the distance driven by the amount of fuel it takes to fill again. If you go 300km and it takes 15L to fill, that's 20km/L. Or 5L/100km.

And yes you replaced sensors and your fuel trims were way out of wack, you MUST reset the ECU.

I reset the ECU today took the Negative off for a couple of min and pressed the Brake paddle a few times how big is the Legacy B4 fuel tank ?

Archived