LegacyGT.com

Wastegate issue or other?

Car is 2005 LGT 5spd.. 117k miles...possible original turbo.

I have a fluttering sound coming from the exhaust all of a sudden. Cruising it is noticeable but when the car trys to build boost it has lots of noise, lots of turbo noise but not much boost.

I don't recall if I heard a pop like a hose popping off. But what is going on is it sounds like the wastegate is stuck open or closed. I only have about 5-10 boost max. Yesterday it was max at 5. This morning was 10 when I decided to do a log.

I have attached a log because I have no idea what I am looking at.

I about to pull the car in the garage to check again for hoses but looking over it last night it seemed like everything was connected (after looking at your boost/vac thread).

I've been reading so much since last night it's making my head hurt. From the wastegate bushings backing out, to the wastegate actuator, to the wastegate solenoid or boost solenoid, by pass valve, to the turbo itself.

Motor seems to be running fine just no boost.

Another question is when the car is at idle and I rev the engine up to 4-4500 rmp, is the wastegate suppose to moving? Because it is not when I do that.

I will get a vid taken also of the sound at idle and driving.

Attached the log from this morning too.

Thank you very much for your help. May stop by a shop to see what a this guy who works on Subarus says too.

datalog8.csv

Archived