LegacyGT.com

Armrest Extension

sdgarber

If you have the optional "armrest extension, please let me know how you like it. Does it add storage space and fit in with the decor of the Legacy interior? I welcome your comments. Thanks! :D

I really like the idea of having the extension that rises. That should make the car much more comfortable for long cruises where you want the armrest higher and then put it down for when you don't want it in your way for shifting.

[quote name='agctr']For me, to have a car like the GT and then have an armrest, well they just dont mix. Be like putting an armrest in a Ferrari?[/quote] Agree. I'm a 'both hands on the steering wheel' kind of driver no matter what I drive.

So let me get this right, you want an armchair with more power, more grip, more sex appeal hmmm can you see whats wrong with this sentence ? Not sure they have the same offer in Lambo's, Ferrari's, M3's M5's although I could be wrong and if so, I stand corrected.

Guest *Jedimaster*
My 2003 Lamborghini Murcielago doesn't have much of an armrest. I don't have one of those :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
I wouldn't say storage is poor, but certain things could have been more well thought out. The little storage thingy in the dash is really nice- I also like the pockets in the doors- but it would be nice if they were lined with rubber so things wouldn't knock around in there.

[quote name='agctr']I dont have it myself and I dont think it comes as an option here in Oz. For me, to have a car like the GT and then have an armrest, well they just dont mix. Be like putting an armrest in a Ferrari?[/quote] Maybe I'm on the wrong website, but the Legacy GT I know is a 4-door sedan, not a sports car. An arm rest is entirely appropriate for a sports sedan like the Legacy and can be found in the M3, M5, S4, E55, etc. The Legacy may be quick, but let's not kid ourselves...it's not a sports car in any way shape or form. :roll: My Legacy, and I expect the vast majority of other Legacies out there, will be used for daily transportation. And in that use, an arm rest would come in quite handy, especially on long trips. I am eager for pics/reviews. -Nick

Nick, Welcome to the site and thanks for your comments. I have to say that I have been in all the cars that you have mentioned and NEVER seen an armrest, not saying that they dont exist, just Ive never seen them. My father's BMW750 didnt even have armrests............. Look I think alot of ppl will go for the armrest, just dont think its appropriate in my car and a lot of others here. In saying that, as long as you are happy with the choice, go for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest *Jedimaster*
I think it looks like it'll have plenty of storage space. I'm looking forward to it being available. It goes on top of the regular console, so that should be fine. I do wish the console had some dividers and a coin holder. I also wish there was some kind of delete for the ashtray/lighter under the radio. I miss the little storage cubby from the WRX there.

spoke with parts dept. who then called subaru directly. The armrest extension will cost $144 for the kit and will not be available until the end of [u]September[/u] because it needed to be redesigned due to "child safety issues". And the wait continues........

[quote name='axis008']How unsafe could a sculpted box be? :P[/quote] Go figure. Only in the lawsuit-happy USA. If this one is anything like some of the other add-on armrests I have seen for other vehicles, it will have a lift button (allowing it to move between the up and down positions) and another button allowing it to flip open for some small storage in addition to the original flip open allowing access to the larger storage underneath.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest *Jedimaster*
[url]http://subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partdetail.php?partid=997[/url] Looks very reasonable at 109 dollars. Also available in taupe.

Archived