LegacyGT.com

Brake Calipers/Pads for 12.44" LGT rotors

2010+ LGT front calipers share the same part number with the 2015+ WRX.

#26292AG041 Right

Left #26292AG051

If they're identical, why are there two different pads between the models? Are they really the same? Thinking it's possibly the same, since aftermarket has one pad that fits both models (eg. http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance-street/pads/hb533b668).

WRX Pads #26296VA000

LGT Pads #26296AJ010

Tack on question: are there any other options for calipers on OEM sized rotors that result in a net gain in effective stopping power?

The LGT has larger calipers front and rear and vented rotors in the front. That's an OEM sized rotor that is OEM and will have slightly more stopping power.

Unless the part #'s I have are wrong, the LGT can't possibly have larger caliipers (at least for front) than the 2015+ WRX. Both models share these two part #'s I listed:

#26292AG041 Right

Left #26292AG051

Are my caliper part #'s wrong?

He's saying the Legacy GT has larger calipers than the Legacy 2.5i, not the WRX.

The different OEM part numbers for the brake pads could be a different pad compound of some sort. Maybe the WRX gets something a little more sporty than they had 5 years previous.

Thanks Rutchard for the clarification! I re-read too many times, still couldn't make out what he was saying.

Yes, this thread is a lead-in to the brake upgrade I'm planning for our 2012, which is currently equipped from Subaru's budget parts bin.

Moving up from our budget bin brakes to the LGT/2015+WRX front calipers with the corresponding rotors should net us nearly 9% more brake torque up front. In the rear, we'll be moving from the solid rotors to the LGT/3.6R ventilated setup, nearly 14% increase over the current rear setup.

The different OEM part numbers for the brake pads could be a different pad compound of some sort. Maybe the WRX gets something a little more sporty than they had 5 years previous.

That's awesome, something I didn't think about. If it fits the same caliper, then it might be another pad option to check out!

Or you could check into aftermarket pad choices. My own preference here is Carbotech, and more recently G-loc (a new company formed by a couple of ex-Carbotech guys). In my experience with pads at the very bottom of track day capability (or toward the upper end of what autocross or canyon running would normally require), they've been much gentler on rotors than comparable pads from Hawk. There is some dust, and occasional noise under light braking if you don't use them hard from time to time, but the initial bite is strong and very, very good.

Norm

Good info, I'll have G-Loc in mind when it's time for pads. They're a bit more money than OEM, but still less than the most spendy options. No more Hawk for me. Got burned once with hawk pads wrecking my rotors. Never again.

Progress! Just ordered front calipers off a 2016 WRX wreck part-out. 99.9% sure it's the same exact caliper as the LGT. See previous posts.

Also ordering front DBA 4000 12.44" rotors and rear KNS 4K 11.42" rotors shortly.

Still need to source a set of rear LGT/3.6R calipers, 1.591" effective piston cylinder diameter, versus the smaller 1.5" diameter for 2016 WRX.

Cost tally:

$353 :(

Archived