LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

There are plenty of places where that's perfectly legal. Even more places if handicap.

There are some places that's legal. Most states though have a strict no hunting out of anything with a motor law.... unless you have the proper handicap paperwork. In WI you're looking at a 2500 dollar ticket and possible suspension of hunting license for up to 5 years.

Edited by 05GT Guru

NJ has shitty hunting laws, which is no surprise with how shitty gun laws are too. you can shoot on open land as long as no house is within 500 feet, but the only firearms approved for hunting are shotguns, and you better have a hunting permit if you're going to shoot a coyote on your property. Pennsylvania much better. If it's on your land, shoot it. If there are houses close by, use Hollow points and hope you don't miss.

True, but getting a hunting license in PA is a much simpler process and longer seasons. In NJ i believe Deer season is only 8 weeks, only 1 of them shotguns are allowed. Bear season only a month. Coyotes I really don’t know,

In WI you can shoot them all year with a small game license. I buy all my licenses online now and just print the paperwork off. The only thing I miss about the old system is the water proof almost plastic like material hunting licenses were printed on when you had to go to a vendor to buy them. It was waterproof and the ink never ran. Now since we do it at home it's just on plain paper and we are still required to carry some documentation in the field it gets destroyed pretty easily. Maybe I just need to find some stock of that special paper.

You need a trapping/furtaker license and in WI your traps have to be checked every 24 hours to reduce suffering of the animals. Since I don't have a big piece of property and can't get out in the woods every 24 hours I have never trapped.

I did 2 things..... I finally got rid of the plastic sights on the Glock 17. Went Trijicon HD XR. After going to the range to try and fine tune it I made another stop. Ended up walking out of the New Gander in the old Gander building with a S&W 669. Always loved the 6906 and 4505 and even those were hard to find on purpose once they left the local cops use.

The condition of the gun and box screams it was a safe queen. Besides the grips the only visible evidence of mods is the trigger guard. looks like it had a light or laser attached to it.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_218D2E57-078E-463A-9C5C-DE2D1E836E7E_zpsbbj3nhjc.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_BA6AB048-9DBE-46D6-A88C-F85A2F6DB59F_zpsggi92pif.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_557487C5-18CF-49BE-B852-0459FCD1806D_zpsiaulor6o.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_B5E63071-9746-4FC9-9C14-DD50D9F65ACC_zpsmwcockqx.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/th_6A3E221B-2C96-48CB-9904-ABB29B3980AF_zpstynfwftl.jpg

Edited by Merc6

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my Sandman-K yesterday. About six months for a form 4 trust.

Fired a few rounds indoors and some outdoors. 300blk Subsonic ammo only.

Yeah. It’s not quiet but it does knock the edge off. Which is what I was looking for as a patrol rifle suppressor.

The SBA3 is very nice. I plan on using that to build a pistol lower so I can travel out of state with my short uppers.

I’ve had the MFT stock on a few of my rifles since they first came out. I like it because it’s simple, light and tough. I’ve hit things with it on my work rifle with no issues.

The SBA3 is very nice. I plan on using that to build a pistol lower so I can travel out of state with my short uppers.

I’ve had the MFT stock on a few of my rifles since they first came out. I like it because it’s simple, light and tough. I’ve hit things with it on my work rifle with no issues.

Now that I’m a PA resident I really considered filing a form 1 to turn my Noveske shorty in to an SBR, but with the SBA3 and SBPDW braces, they’re damn near close to being a stock and no real advantage to a SBR over a “pistol”. You can travel across state lines with no paperwork, and you can drive around with it loaded in your front seat, which you can’t with an SBR.

Friend of mine is liquidating most of his gun collection.

Mostly old military surplus rifles that were cheap when he bought them so he was really picky, and has nice ones. He has 22 Springfield M1903’s including one original unissued M1903 A4 sniper rifle which he intends to keep. Also keeping his original Sharps, Winchester 1866 Yellowboy musket, 1895 Winchester in .405 WCF (originally owned by General Leonard Wood, a friend of T. Roosevelt) and a few others like his pre a1 Colt 1911.

Most of this will be going to an auction house, but I have the option to buy some of it. For example he has two Mauser M66’s that are pristine never fired, one in .30-06 and one in 7mm Remington. Told me $1950 for the pair plus the slings, and one is scoped. Yay or nay on that? Should I buy up 1903A1’s instead?

The question is if you are going to collect guns for their historical value or if you are going to use them.

Stuff just kept for historical value might be better off with the back story in a museum. The history behind a piece is often a lot more interesting than the piece itself unless it's a one of a kind.

453747.png

My problem with collecting antique firearms is if your goal is to resell it’s such a niche market. Most antique collectors won’t be alive when it’s your time to sell. Most of the current gun generation loves tactical weapons.

Then again if you want to collect for the sake of collecting, you don’t need anyone else’s validation. Personally I have a hard time purchasing a gun that i’m not particularly interested in or if I don’t plan to shoot it often that’s a lot of money sitting in my safe.

On another hand, what’s your thoughts on the CMMG MK57 chambered in FN 5.7x28? Looks like a fun SHTF blaster

Now that I “live” in a free state and buying handguns isn’t a hassle, I’m considering getting one. Especially since I can actually use the 28 round capacity not the 15 now 10 neutered ones in NJ.

Would be more interested in shooting the blue tips but unless you’re an FFL you can’t get your hands on them (I think?) either way the PRNJ made a law banning those rounds and I think they were already federally banned for civilians :lol:

This is the MK57, comes with the Tailhook Mod 2 brace which is pretty good, i would probably swap out for SBA3

9c472ce7a7392c649cf9c273853bc083.png

That looks sweet!!!!

I’ve always wanted to dabble in 5.7. A PS90 would run me $1170 then a tax stamp would be another $200 because the long barrel sucks.

I built an AR pistol lower today so I can take my short uppers out of state tomorrow for vacation with the kids.