LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Application to buy any firearm in Maryland this is thru the State Police.

Correct and before you can do the 77R you have to go for HQL (Handgun Qualification License) meaning you have to take a 4hour lecture class w/shooting target think it was 15 yards away and finger printing for background check. Renewal for HQL is every 10 years.

People of State of Maryland made up these Firearm laws and they have no freaking clue about anything about firearm. Some of the law like HQL that I do believe in it that every one should take. The 77R is BS. You don't need any License training to buy long guns.

Maryland look at all the other state shooting like the Vegas, school shooting (Sandy Hook, Santa Fe, etc.) then they used that as advantage to pass a law or banned certain firearm in Maryland.

AR-15, AK-47, bump stop, folding-stock, Magazine that hold more then 10 rounds is illegal in the state of Maryland.

List of firearm that is banned from the State of Maryland.

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

Slave

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

May end up buying the S&W M&P22 first (If I can find it) then I get my Beretta 92A1 after the 30 days cool down period (Maryland law another BS). I still need to file for a Collector license.

May end up buying the S&W M&P22 first (If I can find it) then I get my Beretta 92A1 after the 30 days cool down period (Maryland law another BS). I still need to file for a Collector license.

All my friends have there collectors license :lol:.... the best thing for you to do is create a gun trust..

Edited by 700watts

Trying to avoid having to "thin out" my collection to cover my arse. Been down that road before and it never ends well.

I just bought property but in Pennsylvania. It’s a total shithole, but I paid so little for it and I will be an official Resident of Pennsylvania in 2 weeks when I close. Not only do I get unrestricted gun rights, but my car Insurance rights will be going down by 50% as do my property taxes in New Jersey since my house here is no longer my primary residency. Suck it jersey.

I'll pay you $5.00 shipped each.

Exactly what happens.

In a bind I tried to sell one of my race quads (over 12 years ago). I had over $100k invested in the machine. Best offer was $1500. Bike is still in my possession. I would give it to a friend before I sold it for that little.

Build a custom race bike specifically for the ATVA National Pro-Production class. Race the series for 2 seasons and rebuild the bike afterwards as a fully custom desert race quad. Yeah, a 2001 Honda 400ex with over $100k invested in it.

I also still own my 2004 YZ450F Yamaha Pro-Production race bike. That one was only built once, and did not complete a full season. I wadded up on that one and ended the "career". Never tallied up how much was invested in that one. Lets estimate 1/2 the cost of the Honda.

Adrenaline (or the need for more) has bankrupted me. What can I say? Do as I say, not as I do. We all have our weaknesses.

and then you got in to guns, and you haven't purchased go fast parts for your vehicles in a longggg time :lol:

I started collecting knives when I was 18. I purchased my first firearm when I was 21. As I have aged, the cars and bikes have taken a back seat to other hobbies that are less demanding of me physically. The accident that ended my racing "career" also stopped me from being able to shoulder a 12g for over 10 years.

getting in to cars is constant financial headaches (plus the cost of the car itself). At least with guns if you have an issue, it's pretty straight forward to fix and more cost effective than say engine compression loss, oil consumption, boost leaks. On the other hand the cost of ammo is always a bitch and a necessary evil, but it the sound of gun fire and the ringing of steel is just as gratifying as opening a car up WOT.

Pengy, TSI, what's your thoughts in Geissele's new single stage precision trigger? same pull weight as the 2 stage SSA-E and SD-E...is 3.5 pull too light for a single stage trigger?

I am intrigued by it, but not sure if I see an advantage over what I currently run in my rifles. Though my newest build has an ALG ACT trigger in it, and it's fine but in the future I may upgrade that to the SD-E.

I haven't tried it, yet, and I really want to.

I can't really say anything about it until I've had finger time on it. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

have you tried other single stage triggers that light?

thanks to /r/GunDeals I came across this deal (I HIGHLY recommend staying off the gun deals reddit if you like money, if you like guns but hate money, by all means)

http://www.wcarmory.com/rise-armament-black-fallout-ra-140-super-sporting-trigger-1230.htm

I'll see if Geissele will send me one or if I can use my hefty discount on one. Back to our debate on triggers a month or so back, now that I've had more trigger time on an ACT vs. the G2S, there is a noticable difference between the two, albeit a small difference. I love my 2 stage triggers, but the ACT that came in my lower build kit is tolerable until I'm willing to spend more money on gun parts, it's not like a typical mil-spec trigger that comes in a LPK.

It was worth spending the extra $50 on a deluxe LPK with the ACT trigger, Magpul MOE Grip and Noveske ambi 60 degree selector.