LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Couldn’t tell you definitively, the rifle is guaranteed to shoot 1/4” groups at 50 yards with Lapua Midas and it does when I can hold up my end of the deal. It’s by far the most accurate .22 sporter I own or have been able to shoot. A CZ was a possibility but when I was trading the other rifle I was in a position to get a lot more “gun” on trade than I was cash from selling the rifle in question. We eventually agreed on the Cooper, I don’t regret it.

The only downside to that little rifle is that the chamber is so tight and the throat so short, that a lot of live ammunition will not extract because the bullet is seated into the rifling. Since .22LR cases have rounded rims the extractor doesn’t have enough grip to pull a bullet out of the rifling. With heavily lubed match ammo, this is not as much of an issue, but with copper washed stuff if you chamber it you are going to have to shoot it.

Is it $900 more accurate than a CZ455?

For the record a CZ .22 bolt gun represents an astounding value for the money.

My son’s first rifle will probably be a CZ youth model .22LR because there’s nothing cheap, chintzy, or sub par. Part of my plan to introduce the boy to responsible gun use, recreation, marksmanship, and accountability is to make sure he understands that guns are not toys. CZ’s are made like real rifles out of machined steel, and put in wood stocks, so they don’t look or feel like toys. They also don’t shoot like a toy, no point trying to teach marksmanship with a rifle that won’t put bullets where you want.

^ I debated between the usual for my daughter when she wanted to start shooting "real guns" a few years ago.

I figured that I could either let her grow out of a Cricket or Rascal, or have her grow into something, instead.

I ended up ordering a CZ452 Scout.

It's honestly one of the best decisions I've ever made. Instead of growing out of the gun, she grew into this one over the span of 3 or so years. We - myself included - still enjoy shooting it.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

A few years back I built a scout rifle out of a CZ 527 youth rifle in 7.62x39. I probably posted pics back in the V1 or V2 thread, but here's a couple...

27348742827_ed0db3b0da_c.jpg

CZs are really nicely made rifles, and the 527 made a really nice scout. Right at 6lbs, loaded. Accuracy with steel case cheapo ammo has been ~2MOA.

41318789335_aa3f0cec36_c.jpg

One of these days, I'll actually get around to ordering the rear sight that fits on the rear factory scope base.

• 2 weeks later...

under some strange ass loopholes in New Jersey's laws, I found out I can build myself an AR Pistol. Under our strange laws, NJ recognizes the ATF's definition of a "firearm" so if you buy a 80% lower you legally have on paper an "other" from the ATF. If you assemble it with a pistol brace and the Overall Length is 26" the ATF considers it a "firearm" not a pistol or a rifle, so it's legal :lol:

Thanks to some awesome memorial day sales, I ordered a 80% stripped lower and a lower parts kit from Noveske for 25% off, on Gun Broker I found a complete upper minus a BCG and Charging Handle, also from Noveske with a 12.5" barrel. I got a SBA3 brace from SB Tactical for 30% off. In the near future (I'm hoping another sale from Noveske come 4th of July) I will get a charging handle and BCG, maybe a different muzzle device and longer rail. All said and done I should have this "build" for under $1400.

Edited by THE RZA

Even after gunmageddon you still probably could, if you’re buying 80% lowers and your 4473 isn’t classifying it as a “Rifle” or “Pistol”, unless they added all of that in the wording.

Added to the wording. Loopholes are closed now. "Ghost guns". Must have been assembled prior to 2018. Must serialize them, register them as a pistol and then register as a Assault Weapon. You cant even buy an 80% lower at the gun show anymore. Its not "law" yet, but the shows wont allow the sales.

2A will be D E A D in California by 2020.

Making my exit plans now. Literally. Today is the final full day of operation for Infamous Performance. I am closing the doors and plan on getting the F out of Dodge.

sad. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens here in the future. Being under an FFL's license helps right now that I could have NFA items as long as they are on the books of the FFL and not personally owned, but this build is for my personal collection.

Added to the wording. Loopholes are closed now. "Ghost guns". Must have been assembled prior to 2018. Must serialize them, register them as a pistol and then register as a Assault Weapon. You cant even buy an 80% lower at the gun show anymore. Its not "law" yet, but the shows wont allow the sales.

Making my exit plans now. Literally. Today is the final full day of operation for Infamous Performance. I am closing the doors and plan on getting the F out of Dodge.

Congratulations. I'd like to think my pestering contributed

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Godspeed brother, we await your arrival in the free United States.

I'm laying my eyes on a Beretta 92FS and a 92A1. I'm undecided right now.

If you ever plan on changing the sights, get the A1. The FS front sight is not dovetailed.

And at the bare minimum, install a D spring.

If you ever plan on changing the sights, get the A1. The FS front sight is not dovetailed.

And at the bare minimum, install a D spring.

Thanks. I be ordering my A1 soon after I do the 77R application.

77R application?

Application to buy any firearm in Maryland this is thru the State Police.

Some communist shit they have to do in shit ass Maryland.

Correct and before you can do the 77R you have to go for HQL (Handgun Qualification License) meaning you have to take a 4hour lecture class w/shooting target think it was 15 yards away and finger printing for background check. Renewal for HQL is every 10 years.

People of State of Maryland made up these Firearm laws and they have no freaking clue about anything about firearm. Some of the law like HQL that I do believe in it that every one should take. The 77R is BS. You don't need any License training to buy long guns.

Maryland look at all the other state shooting like the Vegas, school shooting (Sandy Hook, Santa Fe, etc.) then they used that as advantage to pass a law or banned certain firearm in Maryland.

AR-15, AK-47, bump stop, folding-stock, Magazine that hold more then 10 rounds is illegal in the state of Maryland.

List of firearm that is banned from the State of Maryland.

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

Edited by amusa

You can still have 30 round mags in MD, you just can’t buy them there. What I find funny about that is every part of MD is within an hour of a free state where you can buy them, that law is pointless :lol:

Also many of the guns that are “banned” you can just build which probably ends up cheaper.

Speaking of building, who’s got AR parts they’re willing to part with? I need a set of BUIS and I find it obnoxious to spend $200 on a set.