LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

I have 10k rounds of .22 :hide:

:ohhh:

Thats a good start... :lol: Thats part of what I like about .22 and 7.62 - I dont hand load them and they're still cheap enough I can do mag dumps with just for fun.

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

I have so many .22s in my safe right now. My marlin, the wife's ruger, my sister's marlin, my dad's single shot, my dad's pump octagon barrel, and the ruger handgun. I should take them all plinking on day. Though the pump hasn't been fired in 40+ years.

I have so many .22s in my safe right now. My marlin, the wife's ruger, my sister's marlin, my dad's single shot, my dad's pump octagon barrel, and the ruger handgun. I should take them all plinking on day. Though the pump hasn't been fired in 40+ years.

So sad. Thats worse then people not driving their cars! Only engraved guns would I be reluctant to shoot.

Pics of the octo barrel? I think those are so cool.

You guys see the new 50 State legal "Moderated" Black powder rifle that can be sold direct to consumer?! They actually decided (after "Never Shoulder, Never Forget) to get an ATF determination letter. But it ended up stating that its completely legal.

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2017/09/20/silencer-maxim-50-a-50-state-legal-suppressed-muzzleloader/#disqus_thread

Yea, Kommiefonia's head just exploded. I also like the use of "Moderated".

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

So sad. Thats worse then people not driving their cars! Only engraved guns would I be reluctant to shoot.

Pics of the octo barrel? I think those are so cool.

You guys see the new 50 State legal "Moderated" Black powder rifle that can be sold direct to consumer?! They actually decided (after "Never Shoulder, Never Forget) to get an ATF determination letter. But it ended up stating that its completely legal.

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2017/09/20/silencer-maxim-50-a-50-state-legal-suppressed-muzzleloader/#disqus_thread

Yea, Kommiefonia's head just exploded. I also like the use of "Moderated".

Yes, a hearing safe black powder rifle. You can put silencers on any anything that isn't a firearm. Black powder rifles are not firearms which means you can have it shipped to your door.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Yes, a hearing safe black powder rifle. You can put silencers on any anything that isn't a firearm. Black powder rifles are not firearms which means you can have it shipped to your door.

How can a silencer be created and owned for 'not a firearm'? As in if its legal to do as you say, how can I obtain a silencer for my black powder/not a firearm without NFA notice? I also figured this is why they said "moderated".

Its stupid just like the AR being a pistol vs rifle and how even if it was a pistol before, once its a rifle it cant be a pistol. If it was built on an 80% lower, how can it ever be known what it was? We have trans people - why cant my gun be non-binary platform fluid?! :lol: Sorry, had to go there.

I can obtain stripped/80% lowers - I havent seen a stripped or 80% suppressor. Is there a complete design difference that makes it easy to spot if its for a firearm because the law just says "intended for a firearm" are illegal but as we learned with the Shoulder braces, That depends on their mood that day how they interpret what we intend. I could never be a lawyer

Its stupid just like the AR being a pistol vs rifle and how even if it was a pistol before, once its a rifle it cant be a pistol. If it was built on an 80% lower, how can it ever be known what it was? We have trans people - why cant my gun be non-binary platform fluid?! :lol: Sorry, had to go there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just spewed water all over the screen! :lol:

OMFG, if you invented that joke, I'm stealing it.

-----

I have 10k rounds of .22 :hide:

^ Wait, all behind your couch? Well, I guess it really doesn't take up much space at all. :p:lol:

I'm a first-generation, the son of immigrants - ones who do not own firearms, at that (my father's just not interested...maybe compulsory Service in my native Taiwan turned him off? - and my mother, despite having been a police officer in Taiwan and the daughter of a prominent general in their army, also was never really interested), I wanted to be able to leave my daughter and her children with something, should they be so inclined.

I started stocking-up on ammo and mags after the last craze, as prices started to first normalize and then drop. Most of my .22LR are from the 6 to 5-cents per price-point, and most of my 5.56/.223 are from the thirty to twenty-seven cents days. I'm not exactly a high-volume shooter, but I do take classes a bit :p, and I do try :redface: to diligently self-practice, so my aim was to build up enough stock so that of the calibers that I actively shoot (9mm and .223/5.56), that I would at least have 10K of each (range-fodder) on-hand at all times - that it would become my "base," if you will.

Somewhere along the way, I'd accumulated a bunch of .22LR, thinking that my daughter would go through a bunch of it. Looking back three years, she/we actually took it really slow when she first started (we single-loaded her CZ 452 the vast majority of the time) and then she suddenly moved up to centerfire (OK, probably not all that surprising, as she was getting fed-up with the lack of reliability of rimfire). :spin: That said, it still kinda shocks me just how fast we can plow through .22LR, now that we're shooting that caliber pretty much just to mess around.

We're likely going to do Appleseed next year - not sure though, as the S&W 15-22 is still a no-go for those events: if so, I'll have to get her another semiauto.

Edited by TSi+WRX

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I can obtain stripped/80% lowers - I havent seen a stripped or 80% suppressor.

They're called "solvent traps"... ;)

Most of the NFA laws are stupid, and based around hollywood perceptions. I had high hopes for the HPA, but Congress can't pull it's collective head out long enough for a breath of fresh air, so it's looking pretty unlikely.

They're called "solvent traps"... ;)

Most of the NFA laws are stupid, and based around hollywood perceptions. I had high hopes for the HPA, but Congress can't pull it's collective head out long enough for a breath of fresh air, so it's looking pretty unlikely.

Funny, I never knew the name of those. I also had an old customer that found a funny looking flash hider that fits into mag lights - But i'm not looking for work arounds or items that could end up as constructive possession.

I agree the NFA laws are dumb beyond restricting full auto. But I am the type of person that like Silencer Co - If I can, I will just because. Is anybody really asking for suppressed black powder guns? Not likely because as its been pointed out, there should be no legality issue with owning a black powder rifle and a black powder rifle suppressor. But what the heck is that?! :spin:

I agree this isnt the year for HPA, but I can hope that we'll at least have 7 more years for a good try!

So my dad bought a Remington R51, not sure why.... anyhow shot it today since my parents are visiting. Gun ran just fine, he has close to 850 rounds through it with no issues. Probably getting rid of it because he doesn't like it. Which I could have told him if he would have listened. Very uncomfortable to shoot if you grip the pistol as high as possible. The short beaver tail has sharp edges that dig into your hand, ******* sucks. Whoever designed it clearly has never shot a semiauto pistol at all. **** that thing. Trigger has no discernible reset, it's big for such lame capacity, and the sights suck shit through a straw.

On the plus side his new S&W 986 Pro Series (bought at my suggestion) is hilarious. Very fun to shoot and quite accurate. Double action pull could use some cleanup in my opinion since it's not a full Performance Center gun, but still quite shootable. Personally I prefer an N frame since my hands feel cramped on the K/L frame grip frame. Still a fun gun, recommended!

So my dad bought a Remington R51, not sure why.... anyhow shot it today since my parents are visiting. Gun ran just fine, he has close to 850 rounds through it with no issues. Probably getting rid of it because he doesn't like it. Which I could have told him if he would have listened. Very uncomfortable to shoot if you grip the pistol as high as possible. The short beaver tail has sharp edges that dig into your hand, ******* sucks. Whoever designed it clearly has never shot a semiauto pistol at all. **** that thing. Trigger has no discernible reset, it's big for such lame capacity, and the sights suck shit through a straw.

On the plus side his new S&W 986 Pro Series (bought at my suggestion) is hilarious. Very fun to shoot and quite accurate. Double action pull could use some cleanup in my opinion since it's not a full Performance Center gun, but still quite shootable. Personally I prefer an N frame since my hands feel cramped on the K/L frame grip frame. Still a fun gun, recommended!

Yap, seen one in person and didn't feel like I needed to have or even hold it. People complain about the Glock gen 3 grip but yeah that looked worse.

As for revolvers I haven't really fired them enough to have a feel for them.

In other news I got my 4.0 Shape Shift for my G17 in the mail yesterday. Before that I was walking around with my old Serpa holster. They claim slimmer but I'm not seeing the difference over the 3.0 in that area. It's way easier that they have cant and ride height independent of each other now. I didn't see the need to get the full on starter kit since I only IWB it. I'm too fat for appendix setups especially with this G17 and my 1911.

Really thinking of simplifying my handgun lineup.

Only really want to for sure keep my Freedom Arms .454/.45 ACP and Benelli .22 match pistol.

Everything else is subject to reconsideration. Might consolidate down to maybe only 2 centerfire semiauto pistols. I don't compete anymore due to lack of time, so multiple pistols suitable for different games doesn't make a ton of sense. Maybe try to find one sized for carry and another for a primary range gun. Really really eyeing the Wilson Combat EDC X9 as the answer to the carry gun.

Maybe I'll just suck it up and buy the Wilson and get rid of nothing... just feels stupid having guns that don't get shot hardly ever. My 9mm's are taking over, but none of them are particularly special. Functional and good tools, but not particularly compelling to shoot.

^ I agree, and I also think that's a problem for a lot of us who don't really "collect."

In the end, we just have a bunch of what's rather common guns that aren't really at-all deserving of safe-queen status, yet add to our maintenance and logistics.

What I will say, though, even as someone who has only been in this hobby/sport for a -very- short time, is that the last craze taught me that there truly is real-world value to diversifying. When 9x19 and .45 ACP flew off the shelves, .38-Special/.357 Magnum and even .357 SIG hung on for quite longer and resisted the instantaneous price-hikes, while the .40 S&W, going through what was probably the nadir of its existence (so far), managed to remain virtually untouched in most stores local to my area.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

I agree to a point, but as a reloader I have some capacity to mitigate ammo panics on my own.

A large or medium frame revolver with a 3" or 4" barrel (maybe even a 5") in .357 Magnum is also a great gun to have when ammo shortages are a thing. Shoots two different cartridges that are almost always available, has ample power, can be concealed in a good holster with appropriate clothing, and most of them are quite accurate. A 7 shot L frame or 8 shot N frame stoked with .357's run by a competent individual is still a force to be reckoned with.

I agree to a point, but as a reloader I have some capacity to mitigate ammo panics on my own.

Ah, bruddah, that makes a huge difference. :) I wish I could get into reloading, now.

A large or medium frame revolver with a 3" or 4" barrel (maybe even a 5") in .357 Magnum is also a great gun to have when ammo shortages are a thing. Shoots two different cartridges that are almost always available, has ample power, can be concealed in a good holster with appropriate clothing, and most of them are quite accurate. A 7 shot L frame or 8 shot N frame stoked with .357's run by a competent individual is still a force to be reckoned with.

+1.

Getting better with a wheel-gun is next on my list.

Ah, bruddah, that makes a huge difference. :) I wish I could get into reloading, now.

+1.

Getting better with a wheel-gun is next on my list.

With as much as you shoot you could have bought a new gun with the money you saved.

I can reload 100 rounds faster than I can drive to walmart and for half the cost.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

With as much as you shoot you could have bought a new gun with the money you saved.

I know, right? :(

I actually lament the fact that I could probably have bought a pretty good reloading setup (or upgraded one), with the difference.....

The problem for me is two-fold. The first one I can get around pretty easy by not casting my own bullets (i.e. lead), but the second one would probably drive my wife to divorce me. :lol: I'm a basic-science researcher by training and trade, so I can get pretty obsessive about things, and I totally see this side of the hobby as feeding into that obsession.

I'll most likely start reloading once Anna goes off to school.

I can reload 100 rounds faster than I can drive to walmart and for half the cost.

Nearest Walmart is 50 minutes away. In the time I could drive there and back I can easily crank out 400 rounds of pistol ammo, and that is running the XL650 conservatively. I've done about 500 an hour a few times but don't like working that fast. Your Square Deal B would be right there too if you're in the groove and gets good work rhythm going.

Wish I was comfortable reloading, I'd be the reason Glock says don't use reloads. As for conceal, I been hiding 1911's and Glock 17's so I'm sure I could hide anything smaller easily. Once i'm not as fat as I am it may be an issue. I'll cross that bridge when my fat ass jogs fast enough to cross that bridge.

Walmart, keeps closing stores but I still got 3 or 4 in possibly 50 mins loop to get ammo. One right near me is too close to East Cleveland so they don't have anything besides nerf gun and nerf gun accessories. I usually make my rounds since they don't stock more than 1 15 round box of 12 gauge slugs.

Wish I was comfortable reloading, I'd be the reason Glock says don't use reloads. As for conceal, I been hiding 1911's and Glock 17's so I'm sure I could hide anything smaller easily. Once i'm not as fat as I am it may be an issue. I'll cross that bridge when my fat ass jogs fast enough to cross that bridge.

Walmart, keeps closing stores but I still got 3 or 4 in possibly 50 mins loop to get ammo. One right near me is too close to East Cleveland so they don't have anything besides nerf gun and nerf gun accessories. I usually make my rounds since they don't stock more than 1 15 round box of 12 gauge slugs.

My first few times loading I was scared... but once you find the setup you like and get it dialed its so consistent theres nothing to worry about. You can also choose to load with powders that make it stupid obvious that you've double loaded - usually it means I spill powder everywhere and no way is a bullet getting seated. Brings prices down, great for odd calibers, and best for ammo shortages if you've prepared for them!

I believe every gun I own says not to use reloads/handloads. :lol:Too many lawyers But if you do reload for a Glock I recommend staying away from lead unless you really clean it well each time and size the lead properly. Maybe even use a harder alloy. But as long as you're competent - IE, work on your car and not screw it up - then I highly recommend loading!

Edited by Sparkey