LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

The thought of watching quarters fly out of my pistol is scary. I'm too cheap for that.

That's part of the reason I'd been sticking with 9mm and .223/5.56.

Over the last few weeks I added this .22 LR pistol ↓↓↓

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1479&pictureid=10492

which led to getting another one ↓↓↓ before my 3rd of three pistol purchase permits timed out

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1479&pictureid=10479

except when buying #2 I just couldn't leave this sitting in the long gun rack. Came with a 10-round stick and a 10-round drum, both NJ-compliant.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1479&pictureid=10480

So yesterday my son was in town and we put about 350 rounds through the .22's and finished off a couple boxes of 230-grain .45 ACP.

Norm

Edited by Norm Peterson

I have a stainless MKIII Hunter with the 6 7/8" fluted barrel and Ruger target grips.

Sweet shooter, bitch to disassemble.

Even worse to re-assemble (from what I've read and been told).

That's the big reason why mine is a Mark IV, and yes it's had the recall performed (quite possibly one of the earlier ones done according to the shop I bought it at because it was the first one they got back). Since the serial number isn't on the part that had to be sent back, I was technically the fully legal owner of that gun even though what I had was unshootable. Good thing, too, else it might have put permit #3 in a bind over that 30 day/best to go on day 31 NJ thing.

Norm

The thought of watching quarters fly out of my pistol is scary. I'm too cheap for that.

LOL try $1 bills like it was a strip club shooting only 12 Ga slugs in the indoor range. When I luck out Walmart has the 15 pack for like $11 and I'll buy al 1-3 boxes and hoard them a bit. Gander had the Truball slugs for like $3.90 when they had them in stock.

Even worse to re-assemble (from what I've read and been told).

That's the big reason why mine is a Mark IV, and yes it's had the recall performed (quite possibly one of the earlier ones done according to the shop I bought it at because it was the first one they got back). Since the serial number isn't on the part that had to be sent back, I was technically the fully legal owner of that gun even though what I had was unshootable. Good thing, too, else it might have put permit #3 in a bind over that 30 day/best to go on day 31 NJ thing.

Norm

Once you know how to do it it's not too bad. I was cleaning it every 500 rounds... now I go to 1000+ with a chamber/barrel swab at 500.

I don't know how you can live in NJ. PA is so close and so much more gun friendly.

LOL try $1 bills like it was a strip club shooting only 12 Ga slugs in the indoor range. When I luck out Walmart has the 15 pack for like $11 and I'll buy al 1-3 boxes and hoard them a bit. Gander had the Truball slugs for like $3.90 when they had them in stock.

I don't mind spending $$$ if it's a casual shooter. I'm firing 100-200 rounds a week. Hand loading is a must.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I don't know how you can live in NJ. PA is so close and so much more gun friendly.

I've lived here in this same house for 39 years this coming October, it's been paid off for more than 10 years, and as a retiree I have exactly zero desire to get back into making monthly mortgage payments. Never mind the matter of moving everything we've accumulated over the years or the fact that there's three generations of us living here.

I'm much, much newer to actually owning guns even though I've done a little shooting here and a little there with other peoples' guns most of my life. My NJ Firearms ID card that lets me walk in, have the NICS check come back OK (mine have all taken under half an hour, some not even 15 minutes), and walk out with any long gun in the store is still less than one year old.

Norm

Stop shooting slugs in an indoor range and get some bird shot and move outside to trap/sporting clays. Way more fun and you can get 4 25 round boxes AKA 100 rounds for 25 bucks. And 100 rounds at a trap club or sporting clays will last a couple hours.

I've lived here in this same house for 39 years this coming October, it's been paid off for more than 10 years, and as a retiree I have exactly zero desire to get back into making monthly mortgage payments. Never mind the matter of moving everything we've accumulated over the years or the fact that there's three generations of us living here.

I'm much, much newer to actually owning guns even though I've done a little shooting here and a little there with other peoples' guns most of my life. My NJ Firearms ID card that lets me walk in, have the NICS check come back OK (mine have all taken under half an hour, some not even 15 minutes), and walk out with any long gun in the store is still less than one year old.

Norm

Retired? I hear Florida is nice in the winter and has few gun laws. :)

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Stop shooting slugs in an indoor range and get some bird shot and move outside to trap/sporting clays. Way more fun and you can get 4 25 round boxes AKA 100 rounds for 25 bucks. And 100 rounds at a trap club or sporting clays will last a couple hours.

Outdoor shooting is an additional hour 1 way on a leased vehicle. $6 trap games and outdoor range for pistols. The road to the range is kinda sketch for cars tho. A guy with the exact same car as me managed to rip off his fancy exhaust finisher and bend the muffler hanger up.

Outdoor shooting is an additional hour 1 way on a leased vehicle. $6 trap games and outdoor range for pistols. The road to the range is kinda sketch for cars tho. A guy with the exact same car as me managed to rip off his fancy exhaust finisher and bend the muffler hanger up.

Time for a truck and a gun rack.:)

Damn! Which outdoor range was that?!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

How far away is it in an owned vehicle?

0 miles since the Subaru doesn't run.

Time for a truck and a gun rack.:)

LOL I wish. Maybe when the lease is up I'll see how far I got with the Subaru build. Parking for a truck is kinda iffy this way. My Accord just barely sticks out the spots at work.

Damn! Which outdoor range was that?!

A&A I was out that way in May when I went to the annual Lordstown meet for the other car forum I mod. Once the Subaru runs I could justify the miles. As is, i'm at the very edge of the yearly miles. A lot of things that caused me to be over have changed. Coming to work I'm driving that direction on 422. Does East Cleveland count as an outdoor range, It's like 2 mins from where I live.

Edited by Merc6

^ Nah, I don't care about your miles :p I was :eek: at your guy's exhaust mishap! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Went to pick up my 35 MOS today.

Brought exact cash so I wouldn't be tempted to get anything else.

They brought it out and took my IDs. While I inspected it (and tossed the .40 barrel to install my 357SIG barrel), the guy says, hey, it's your birthday tomorrow. I said yep, I should be buying a 43 since I'm turning 43 instead of this 35.

So the owner brings out a 43 and tosses it in front of me. I gave him a dirty look and he just smiles. The owner always says, it never fails, you always come for one gun and walk out with two.

bday.jpg

35mosrmr.jpg

The 35 says USA on slide and frame. Haven't looked at the 43 yet.

^ Which LGS is that? :) I'm always looking for new places to check out.

Ah, cool beans. I've been to Atwells a handful of times. :) Good folks.

If you buy a VP9 now, HK will give you four free mags.

Makes me want to buy another.

My only complaint on it was the way the casings ejected. Besides that it ran flawless. Totally nothing wrong with 4 free mags either since I bet they aren't cheap to begin with.

http://www.cabelas.com/assets/pdfs/hk_summer_magazinepalooza_10-31-17.pdf