LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Interview and Live Scan complete. Next up is a 8 hour firearms course. 4 hours of instruction on the legal ramifications of concealed carry and 4 hours of range instruction. Then a 6 hour, 650 question psych eval. One level below what all prospective officers must pass. After that it is a neighborhood inspection/interview. Then the Sheriff gets the final say.

I gave my local Sheriff $10.00 and filled out the paperwork. Then got my temp CCW permit, the permanent came in the mail a few weeks later.

Kalifornia sucks. You're stupid to keep living there.

I gave my local Sheriff $10.00 and filled out the paperwork. Then got my temp CCW permit, the permanent came in the mail a few weeks later.

Kalifornia sucks. You're stupid to keep living there.

I don't need no stinking permission in my state.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I must have missed it... what are you applying for that you are required to do all of this?

A California CCW Permit. Most who apply are denied. Approx 1300 active in a county of 2.4 million residents.

I acquired and 870, Been looking at all the parts for it. Is installing magpul Stock and fore the definition of Tacticool? LOL, just trying to get shorter stock and ditch wood furniture. Was borderline thinking FDE since they come up cheaper than the Black or Gray ones. Also gonna swap the 26 barrel for an 18 for house usage. Other barrel will be for recreational use when I get the time to again.

I acquired and 870, Been looking at all the parts for it. Is installing magpul Stock and fore the definition of Tacticool? LOL, just trying to get shorter stock and ditch wood furniture. Was borderline thinking FDE since they come up cheaper than the Black or Gray ones. Also gonna swap the 26 barrel for an 18 for house usage. Other barrel will be for recreational use when I get the time to again.

If you ditch the wood furniture, it's just gonna look like everyone else's tacticool 870! :p

But seriously - the Magpul furniture is good stuff.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The factory 870 stock is too long for most normal humans, so installing a stock that makes it fit you properly is a functional upgrade, not just tacticool... ;)

I added a thicker adjustable pad on my 870 to get the stock higher and little further back in my natural pose. Which was also my trap gun at the time. But I have long gangly arms so I'm not a normal human. I won a dozen or so trap classes with that gun... including two classes for doubles, 2 years in a row. Feels good to beat those over/under or semi auto guys in doubles with a pump.

http://www.thinkaboutit-aliens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/006.jpg

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ :lol: Now I know what those 15" rails are for! :lol:

Haha yes. I'm 6'3" but my arm span if you include hands... finger tip to finger tip is about 7 feet.

Ha I know that feeling also... I'm 5'11" but have long arms and legs too. I haven't actually measured my wing span but buying pants and long sleeve shirts is always an adventure.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

A California CCW Permit. Most who apply are denied. Approx 1300 active in a county of 2.4 million residents.

i just went through the 8 hour course here in AZ last saturday. 55 bucks, 10 bullets and we got out 1.5 hours early. the permit cost me 60 bucks to apply, and i should hear back in a few weeks or so. the instructor talked more about his deployment antics than anything else, along with a couple vets that were in the class as well.

here in AZ ialready carry concealed without a permit, but im riding to michigan this summer on my bike so i wanted to make sure i was legal in all the states im visiting. kommiefornia is not one of them.

WI requires 6 hours of training but I already had enough training time under my belt when the law was passed in 2011 that I just had to pay the 50 bucks and send in my application. And a month later I received my card.

Here she is all stock and plane Jane. That angle makes the barrel look small already.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/B98050C9-3DF5-4C28-AD55-CF970C928AF2_zpsudh9hddj.jpg~original

Form and function. I like it.

I was looking at this and Sureshot one. Sureshot one was way cheaper but limits me to rife sights more since it's based off a turkey gun.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u141/will6101/20131111_221410_zps8062488e.jpg

If you ditch the wood furniture, it's just gonna look like everyone else's tacticool 870! :p

But seriously - the Magpul furniture is good stuff.

Pulled the trigger, on it's way. Barrel I'm still in debate on 18, 18/5 and 20. with bead or rifle sights smooth bore all. Currently hovering over the 18/5 rifle sights smooth bore. Gonna wait 1 more day to decide on it and hope it's still there.

The factory 870 stock is too long for most normal humans, so installing a stock that makes it fit you properly is a functional upgrade, not just tacticool... ;)

This one adjusts length and height in 1 package.

I added a thicker adjustable pad on my 870 to get the stock higher and little further back in my natural pose. Which was also my trap gun at the time. But I have long gangly arms so I'm not a normal human. I won a dozen or so trap classes with that gun... including two classes for doubles, 2 years in a row. Feels good to beat those over/under or semi auto guys in doubles with a pump.

I don't have any abnormalities in that area, everything arms/legs/torso is just short about me. Butt of gun to the floor the barrel is past my nipple. Kids mom is almost same size but torso is taller than her legs so when I get in her vehicles I instantly knee the dash every time.