LegacyGT.com

bung hole problems

so like it says i have some problems with a bung hole..:lol:

its the one at the PCV (positive crankcase vent)

the problem happened a few months back when i split my case and was taking all the sensors off to have it cleaned and measured.

when removing the pcv i got it to turn but very slowly did it come out and i didnt realize at the time the entire bung was coming out of the case/block the threads from the pcv itself are locktite'd to the bung and came out in one peice.

i cannot just by another PCV and i'm sure that bung is not in the parts catalog so i am stuck do i just "press" it back in all together as one piece its pretty impossible to separate the two at this point but i keep trying.

find a wreaker and try and removve the bung and separate that vent from the bung and get a new pcv and press that bung in...

just grabbing at straws here for any ideas

Not really sure what part you're talking about. Can you point it out on this diagram? And posting a pic of the part and your case would help.

http://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2002_Legacy25L-SS-4WDGT-Sedan/_54102_6023185/CYLINDER-BLOCK-BODY/B12-004-02.html

Not really sure what part you're talking about. Can you point it out on this diagram? And posting a pic of the part and your case would help.

http://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2002_Legacy25L-SS-4WDGT-Sedan/_54102_6023185/CYLINDER-BLOCK-BODY/B12-004-02.html

its actually not in that diagram but its located under2 and 3 in that diagram.

its number 6 in this one but it doesnt show where it goes on the block.

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b12/type_1/intake_and_supply_system_turbocharger/intake_manifold/illustration_4/

a picture is going to do the best justice for this so ill grab one today.

so as you can see the actual valve is threaded into this piece then that piece is pressed in. wanted a new one but im sure they dont really sell those bottom ends anywhere. it still rattles and everything is clean so im half tempted to just "press" it back in (lube it up and smack her back in with a socket and hammer).

i think newer models have some sort of sensor now along with the vent but i dont have to worry about any of that.

P_20160915_134126.thumb.jpg.f80cefae73617c10220afdf6e5bb0b33.jpg

P_20160915_134212.thumb.jpg.f8172380dd9ea3e1fcbafc919d2b21d7.jpg

P_20160915_134311.thumb.jpg.d58533e9d450bbc7fd0977d1ccbca943.jpg

I am not scared to admit, i cannot tell the difference in metals.

it defiantly is hard to scar it. i been using a crescent wrench on the bottom part and it hasn't been buggered at all like the actual hex head of the valve. defiantly doesn't want to come out though and its hard to grab it enough to even try.

does seem tougher than aluminum. i know you can dig into aluminum with a razor blade but with this one you probably could only scratch it. i hope that kinda answered that question. what were you thinking? heat?

If it rattles, it still works. I think you might be doing more work than is required. Are you sure you cannot buy a replacement? Have you looked on opposed-forces for a part number?

You can heat the portion that the PCV threads into and loosen the other part with a wrench. The torch should burn off/heat up the threadlocker enough to get it out.

Any luck?. I just took mine out of my block with a bar breaker and allen socket and adapter. I was curious to see if mine were gonna be hassle to get out. Luckily it wasnt. Have you gotten a vice yet and tried hitting it with a butane torch?

Archived