LegacyGT.com

AEM tru boost and Accessport???

Ok let me give a little backstory since it is needed to properly diagnose a problem...

I bought my legacy gt used about a month ago(love it)

my dilemma is that the car surges at mid and high rpm with full boost pressure fluctuation between 13-17 psi.

I have stock intercooler, from what I can tell is a stock turbo(aftermarket since there is no stamp where the info should be on the turbo), cobb air intake, cobb bov, cobb APv2, full catless exhaust(borla/magnaflow 3"), and this AEM tru boost setup. 196k on the clock with new timing belt and preventative parts.

I have watched the video and it shows where if the spring pressure setting on the Tru boost is set too high you can get the fluctuations like I am experiencing.

so with that in mind im going to turn the spring pressure down until I get it taken care of.

other than that my real worry is what effects the cobb AP and tru boost are creating together? The car has a custom tune on the AP called "race tune" *go figure*. but im worried that it might cause failures of the turbo etc.

Its my DD to work so its mostly just cruzzzing to work with the occasional one or two third gear pulls on my 30 mile trip one way.

I can read my data live so is there any A/F mix that I need to stay between at WOT and so forth? It blows some decent black smoke at WOT.(assuming its running a little rich).

any info on this would be greatly appreciated as im learning more and more about this car every day!!!

Ok let me give a little backstory since it is needed to properly diagnose a problem...

I bought my legacy gt used about a month ago(love it)

my dilemma is that the car surges at mid and high rpm with full boost pressure fluctuation between 13-17 psi.

I have stock intercooler, from what I can tell is a stock turbo(aftermarket since there is no stamp where the info should be on the turbo), cobb air intake, cobb bov, cobb APv2, full catless exhaust(borla/magnaflow 3"), and this AEM tru boost setup. 196k on the clock with new timing belt and preventative parts.

I have watched the video and it shows where if the spring pressure setting on the Tru boost is set too high you can get the fluctuations like I am experiencing.

so with that in mind im going to turn the spring pressure down until I get it taken care of.

other than that my real worry is what effects the cobb AP and tru boost are creating together? The car has a custom tune on the AP called "race tune" *go figure*. but im worried that it might cause failures of the turbo etc.

Its my DD to work so its mostly just cruzzzing to work with the occasional one or two third gear pulls on my 30 mile trip one way.

I can read my data live so is there any A/F mix that I need to stay between at WOT and so forth? It blows some decent black smoke at WOT.(assuming its running a little rich).

any info on this would be greatly appreciated as im learning more and more about this car every day!!!

I believe I'm talking to you via emails? =)

We'll take care of you.

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived