LegacyGT.com

Best Sound?

I'm very new to this forum and I'm not quite sure how everything works yet, but I was wondering what mods give a Legacy GT the best sound. I recently installed a Borla exhaust system on my 05 GT. The system sounds great but you can't hear it at all unless you really get on it. I guess I'm wondering if there are any mods that give the car a nice (non obnoxious) sound when its idling or at low speeds.

You might want a louder exhaust system then. If the catback is your first mod, you should look at getting a catless uppipe and a stage 1 tune first before you go buying anything else. Read up you have alot to learn! Welcome to the site!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I still have the stock catback, but it got quite a bit louder when I installed a catless up pipe and catted downpipe.

Can barely hear a thing from the driver's seat, but sounds pretty pissed off from outside/behind the car.

• I Donated Too
The Borla is a very quiet exhaust. I have one on a catless down and it's still quiet, mind you I also have equal length headers but that was the point for me... to make it as quiet as possible. If you do want more rumble you will want something other the Borla (and keep the UEL headers)

I have the MagnaFlow cat back on my car. It has a nice rumble at idle and sounds really good in the rpm range without being too obnoxious. Friends hear me pulling up to their houses but it honestly doesn't sound that loud inside the car.

Archived