LegacyGT.com

Turbo blew on 05 LGT, Engine work needed?

Hope this is the right place to post this.

I am looking at buying an 05 LGT limited from my dads friend.He is selling because he has money for a truck and doesnt

want to drop money on a car he doesnt need or want to drive.

The car needs a lot with the axles but thats not what im worried about.

He told me that the clutch failed, will need a clutch very soon.

Also was told that the turbo was replaced because it blew or something along those lines. That was less than 1000 miles ago. IF the turbo failed and parts flew

into the engine, is there anything I could possibly look for before I buy to show some signs of engine failure? If I buy it, what would I need to do as far as checking

if it has damage and what would it cost to look (or fix if necessary.)

Thanks for all the help though guys, havent even bought the car yet and this is the best community ive seen by far.

If you can get more information for the other guy as to how the turbo blew, it will give us a better understanding if the motor needs to be looked at. But first thing you should do with this car is get a compression test done, this will at least let you know the health of the cylinders.

If the motor doesn't test good, you'll be looking at $6k for a new or rebuilt motor.

My wife's balls are delicious.

If you can get more information for the other guy as to how the turbo blew, it will give us a better understanding if the motor needs to be looked at. But first thing you should do with this car is get a compression test done, this will at least let you know the health of the cylinders.

If the motor doesn't test good, you'll be looking at $6k for a new or rebuilt motor.

See what I can do, he won't hesitate to tell me everything he knows. He blew the turbo though himself, I know that for a fact. Ill let you know what I come up with. Where would i go for a compression test?

See what I can do, he won't hesitate to tell me everything he knows. He blew the turbo though himself, I know that for a fact. Ill let you know what I come up with. Where would i go for a compression test?

Pretty much any auto mechanic should be able to do a compression test.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived