LegacyGT.com

H6 misfire issues

Hi gang looking for some advice. I have a 02 h6 llbean outback with 152,000 on it. A few months ago it started missing, check engine light is on and codes are cylinder misfire codes. I have changed plugs as well as several coil packs trying to fix it and so far nothing. I have also checked and cleaned all grounds . Unrelated I have also recently changed the alternator and battery. Took it to a guy that works at a Subaru garage today and he put it on his computer which shows more, he says the timing is changing up to 50 degrees and that the chain is stretched. Does that sound correct? Anyone really good with these things in the western pa area?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad timing can cause misfires.Your right around the mark where alot of H6 guys have this problem.

A chain(s) can stretch but probably wont break. Most likely one of your Chain Tensioners went bad(cause they do wear out).

If you do want to replace every part under the timing cover you are looking at 550$ in OEM Subarus parts.

Have someone take the cover off and inspect whats going on before you blow a ton of money.

Do it sooner than later.

Archived