LegacyGT.com

Torque app boost issue

LegUp

For those of you familiar with the Torque app... I recently purchased an 06 spec B, with a Android based display. It uses the Torque app to monitor engine parameters. All seems to work fine, except for the boost/vacuum. It reads either -.4 or -.7. it never moves when driving. Sometimes reads -.4, sometimes -.7 after I start the car but it never moves and never reads anything different. I is definitely making boost but somehow the app isn't reading it. I've been through the settings, everything looks good to me. Anyone else experienced this?

I was using that app from 2010 to 2014 and I never had any issue. But then came out the BtSsm app, which is way more powerful and useful for our car. Not sure if you know about it. If not, you definitely want to check it out. You can view some very important parameters that Torque cannot (e.g. Knock related parameters, Fuel trims, misfire per cylinder, AVCS angle, etc...). The guy who developed it is on our forum too.

see http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/btssm-bluetooth-adapter-app-229709.html

Isn't querying ecu what it says when it's working. Pretty sure thats what mine says down the bottom, could be wrong, don't really look down there often. Go into settings and make sure you have the correct connection method is selected for a starter

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

thanks for replies guys. Been tt hie heiche on BtSsm thread. Looks like it doesn't get along with the head unit. Got it working on my phone though. Heiche he says maybe a obd/sub cable might make it work with head unit though.

Yeah you can always try that. I have a nexus 7 permanently installed in my car. And I am using a vagcom cable to communicate with the ecu. Works flawlessly.

Here is a video of the install in case you're interested.

Cool, thanks for the video. What's in the CD slot?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived