LegacyGT.com

The

zpratt2525

Hello all,

First post here

I have a 2007 Legacy, a four banging 2.5i, 5 speed sedan with 112,650(as of this post) miles

Have now had the dreaded P0420 come up a couple times. Was told it was post-cat O2 sensor. Replaced it an went 3k and again, P0420. Was then told Pre-Cat O2 sensor. Went 3k and was told the pre cat wasn't screwed in all the way. Have gone another 500 miles and here we are.

Little history, Bought the car used in October of last year and was lucky enough to have obtained all the prior records of it at the dealer from 97,000 miles until now.

Head gaskets were replaced along with all other related gaskets, timing belt and drive belts. Exhaust studs were replaced on the head and it was machined. Everything was returned to normal.

Used car inspection came back with nothing.

Ran a freeze frame and here is a few numbers

ECT: 86 degrees C

O2 S B1 S2(V) 0.76

Run time of 592 sec

EGR Command 51%

EGR error 0

Engine RPM 2473

Engine speed 96 KM

Intake manifold absolute pressure of 20.68

So... I'm not sure.

My best guess is a Cat.... Watched a few videos and looked online, $329.00 with free shipping for OEM spec. I don't believe it be a exhaust leak since I crawled under the car and didn't hear/feel/see anything(soap bubble testing). There isn't any loss of power which I believe to a vacuum leak. Going to wait until the cat is cold so I can wack it so that I can see if anything is rattling about... Any help is greatly appreciated...

meow

Archived