LegacyGT.com

Emissions testing

I have to get my emissions tested to drive my car at work. I just installed a cat less down pipe a few days ago and haven't had any CEL's yet. I'm just curious if I will have any issues with getting my car tested they just do pug in test. I still have the stock down and mid pipes so worst comes to worst I just reinstall them and get it tested. Just curious on your guys input on what is actually looked at through the obd emissions testing. Thank you in advance.

Do you have an Accessport? You shouldn't be running an aftermarket downpipe without a tune. But as long as you don't have a check engine light you should pass

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I passed the OBD test in California tuned for a VF52 (and 17PSI) . If they don't do a visual / sniffer test, you will probably be fine. Unsure the specifics in MD though.

Thank you California is known for their strict emissions laws to. Are you catless or no?

Do you have an Accessport? You shouldn't be running an aftermarket downpipe without a tune. But as long as you don't have a check engine light you should pass

Yes i have an accessport and I have the stage 2 tune loaded. I've put on just over 100 miles since I installed the dp and no cel yet.

Also there are self test stations where you just plug the scanner into your car yourself. Hopefully I qualify to use it

Thank you California is known for their strict emissions laws to. Are you catless or no?

Yes i have an accessport and I have the stage 2 tune loaded. I've put on just over 100 miles since I installed the dp and no cel yet.

Also there are self test stations where you just plug the scanner into your car yourself. Hopefully I qualify to use it

You will be fine then. Im running catless downpipe and accessport and ive passed with 3 different subarus

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

You will be fine then. Im running catless downpipe and accessport and ive passed with 3 different subarus

awesome thank you for the information! I just hope they don't do a visual inspection. If they do that's where I'd probably fail haha.

sweet I will have to look into going to there one then

If you make the trip to that station, make sure you grab a pit beef sandwich from chaps on the way out!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

If you make the trip to that station, make sure you grab a pit beef sandwich from chaps on the way out!

I definitely will have to stop by there if I go to that one. I love trying local foods (assuming chaps is local since I've never heard of it before).

I definitely will have to stop by there if I go to that one. I love trying local foods (assuming chaps is local since I've never heard of it before).

Its a local stand in the parking lot of a strip club :lol:

It was on the show diners drive ins and dives! Good shit!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived