LegacyGT.com

I have an UGLY LearningView

A little history..

A little while ago I replaced an OCV (P0011) and the hose from the Intercooler to the throttle body (major leak). Big improvement.

But I still have drivability problems in the 2500-3000 range. I finally got my OP2 cable to work for a while and pulled the attached LV. The timing being pulled coincides with the operating range where the problems are felt, but an IAM of .312? Geesh.

2009 LGT with a dealer-installed shortblock done about 25k ago. Overall 126k miles. I would not be surprised if I have another sensor or actuator misbehaving, but the car has no codes. The Learn% shows it pulling fuel, so that tells me the AFR sensor says the motor is running rich, but I would have expected a lean condition, causing knock and pulling timing.

I don't know where to start. Anyone see this before?

Thanks

BtSsm_LV_20160814_1559.png.58e789e2d2043203ec717b48785998ce.png

I highly advise getting a cobb accessport and a custom etune. Cobb provides more tables (i.e AF learning 3) over open source and because of this you can get a better quality tune (take it from the experts).

PM us if it's something you want to discuss.

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I highly advise getting a cobb accessport and a custom etune. Cobb provides more tables (i.e AF learning 3) over open source and because of this you can get a better quality tune (take it from the experts).

PM us if it's something you want to discuss.

-Brian

Thanks Brian, unfortunately family circumstances right now puts a kibosh on recreational spending. I am going to have to 'MacGyver' this with nothing more than an OBDII scanner, and an unreliable OP2.

That being said, my theory is a bad or wrong O2 sensor (replaced by an independent some time ago). I am hoping to get my logging tools working again, and figure I will reset the ECU and log:

AFR Requested

AFR Measured

Knock

Fuel Injector Pulse Width

Fuel Injector Duty Cycle

LTFT

STFT

O2 Voltage

FLKC

Any advice would be appreciated. How would you approach finding a mis-reading O2? Log more? Log less? Log nothig and use a differnent approach?

Thanks

Very sensitive. Heat shields/trans bushings/engine mounts/engine top mount wishbone rubbing on tmic/AC clicking on. Basically anything you can think of that can make a slight vibration.

Do some reading on knock, theres a ton of info on here and nasioc. The ECU will do its best to identify and ignore false knock, but it doesn't work all of the time.

Check your knock sensor is not loose too

Archived