LegacyGT.com

Dual-Zone Climate Control Display is Out

So, I just purchased a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon. So far I have been loving every second of it however there is one thing that is wrong with it that I didn't notice when I test drove the car and that the previous owner didn't mention to me. The Dual-Zone Climate Control display does not work. I have been looking over all of the forums and elsewhere online trying to find a fix however no one seems to be having the same issue. What seems to be different in my case is that all of the controls still work without issue, just the screen does not display anything. I am tempted to just take it apart and see if I can identify anything wrong with it but I am hesitant because I have never owned a Subaru before and this is rather new to me.

Any ideas?

Replace the radio. You can find the service manual for it and try and fix it, but you probably won't succeed. That display is all high voltage suffice mount stuff and fairly complex.

If you have at least a BS in electrical engineering and a surface mount soldering station you can give it a try though.

New radio is around $100 on eBay. $180 ish if you get an '07+ with aux input.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Hopefully you got this fixed?

I had the exact same problem and posted in the Gen III Outback thread. I had to swap the head unit to resolve. It seems when they break they are junk....

.....Unless you have "at least a BS in electrical engineering" as per the previous thread. I did have a look inisde but quickly closed it up and walked away and started looking for a second hand one.

It ended up costing me 150GBP including coding which we have to do here in the UK

Best regards,

David

Archived