LegacyGT.com

Cusco Front Swaybar fitment

MotoFanatic

All,

I hate to keep posting each problem I come up with but you guys have been a great help and I apologize for all the questions. Hopefully this will be my last. (cross fingers)

Basically I've taken off the old front sway bar and am trying to put the new one on. The problem I'm having is, after putting the end link bolt through on each side. The driver's side rubber bushing/bracket does not want push up against the existing holes on the car (~1" gap). The passenger side does but not the driver's side. I've tried twisting and turning the sway bar but no luck. I even put the old swaybar back on without a problem but nothing with the new.

Now, the only potential problem I can see is that I have the car jacked up on one side. I've read of others doing the exact same thing without a problem.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Moto

do the endlinks last...get the bar in positing, put the bushings on then the brackets...

when that is done, the endlinks will be a breeze, just SLIDE the bar left to right to get the endlinks in and bolt up and done...

this is also made easier if you grease up the bar first!

hope that helps!

OH and make sure when doing so you have the ENTIRE front end off the ground, it will make life a WHOLE Lot easier!!

~Sucka-Duck~

Thanks SnoDork!

I tried doing the endlinks last as well and one of the endlinks always seems too long and wouldn't go through the hole. Unfortunately I don't have jack stands. I'm wondering if I lower the driver's side and raise the passenger side if that would help.

My other question would be, why would the old swaybar go back on but not the new?

Grrr...so close.

Thanks again!

i don't undersand...if you don't have jack stands, are you just using two jacks?!? but, i've taken off the OEM endlinks and aftermarket endlinks tons of times on my Cusco front swaybar and all i do is jack up the car, place a jackstand on each side and off i go....check out this photo album, maybe you'll see something that sparks an idea...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/m_baylon/album?.dir=629d&.src=ph

~Sucka-Duck~

The front wheels have to be loaded. No jack stands or jack, use wheel ramps or keep the car on the ground and you can reach them.

maybe my coilovers have something to add to this, but i've used jackstands with NO LOAD on the front tires and no problems at all...

~Sucka-Duck~

Thanks everyone!!!!! I appreciate all the help and advice! I haven't tried anything yet. I went ahead and purchased jack stands so I should be good to go. (cross fingers) I would have used ramps but I know the RBS front lip would just get crushed. (also considering I added STI springs).

Anyway, I'm off to try it out. I will let you guys know how it goes!!

Thanks everyone!!

As usual, you guys are right (thanks Keefe for explaining why both sides needed to be up). I jacked up the other side and everything went on smoothly from there. I took it for a quick run around the block and it felt really nice. I can't wait to take it on a longer run.

Anyway, as usual I appreciate everybody's help and quick responses. This is one of the best forums around.

Oh yeah, do I need an alignment after this??? It makes sense to me that you would.

-Moto

Archived