LegacyGT.com

Project Betsy.

The Wifey has an 05 stock Outback, and she asked that I stay doing a little personalization for her. So far it's been decals, light film and lil stuff.

I'm needing to tackle some issues first, and I'll post em as they come up..

Steering probs-

When turning left, there is a loud clack clack clack, that speeds up with acceleration. Can you help me diagnose it?

(Will post vid)

Next. When locking the car from the door. The alarm chirps like normal, but the hatch doesn't lock. If you open it, well everyone looks at you as you scramble to turn it off.. twice.. in the same parking spot [emoji28] [emoji379]

Any ideas?

There's more to come, but like I said.. priorities!!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/bf3b3227f5092f4da6edb26b7a3108e4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sounds like front wheel bearings might be causing the noise.

The most likely problem with the hatch is that the wires controlling the lock are broken. You will probably have to replace the harness in the hatch.

Yes, clicking sound is probably the CV axles. Common issue. There are huge debates on which ones work best for replacement. Most say don't go aftermarket, aftermarket ones reportedly cause weird vibrations. But subaru replacement ones are very pricey.

I found some low mileage originals in a junk yard for $30 each. You can tell original ones by one end being painted green. But now those are going bad and i'm debating trying some rockauto axles.

Archived