LegacyGT.com

How's Infront in Auburn?

Anavrin351

Anyone have any helpful info on Infront? I have a funny vibration/grind sound when deleraring at 10-15mph, with clutch engaged and in first or second gear. I want it checked out to see what it is, but don't want to get taken to the cleaners. I have a shop Ive trusted for years, but I dont think they do much subie work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent several thousands of dollars at Infront (formerly Outback auto). I had to take my car back nearly every time they touched it to fix their mistakes. Sometimes it took 3-4 trips for them to get it right. I finally got so fed up with their sub par work I decided to do my own (I was a motorcycle mechanic for a few years). I now use PIA as my tuner and for jobs that I cannot complete in my own garage. Have had no issues with any work PIA has done on my car.

I was a fan. Then, I had a transmission rebuild that left part of a mechanics rag in the cooling system. Which caused the HG to fail when the rag particles made it thru the system. Their response was "give us $2500 and we'll fix it". I've never been back.

ymmv

there's always this thread - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/have-favorite-subie-shopi-post-up-234016.html

Thanks. I've read PIA isn't interested in small jobs that aren't worth their time? Rather have that than a fucked up car though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone has a different experience with every shop. Go visit all of them within driving distance and talk to them. It's summer so most are busy with long lead times. If you have a 4th gen and don't have skills /time to do your own work you need a shop. Make friends and find the mechanic at the shop who you trust.

Sometimes it helps to get an intro to a shop. you know, like in a gang, where your buddy brings you in so you get to skip the beat down. every shop in the area has heard every story about how awesome their car is going to be ...as soon as mom gives me my allowance. Dont be that person.

I've sorta heard the opposite with PIA, and that is that they tend to not take on really big jobs, like swapping an STi drivetrain into an older car.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

They swapped an LSsomething into a brz. It's pretty cool actually

Supercharged LSA from a newer ZL1 camaro I believe. That's Mikes personal car. He was hoping to have it on the road for WCSS this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
I spent several thousands of dollars at Infront (formerly Outback auto). I had to take my car back nearly every time they touched it to fix their mistakes. Sometimes it took 3-4 trips for them to get it right. I finally got so fed up with their sub par work I decided to do my own (I was a motorcycle mechanic for a few years). I now use PIA as my tuner and for jobs that I cannot complete in my own garage. Have had no issues with any work PIA has done on my car.

damn that's a far drive from issaquah bro

Archived