LegacyGT.com

Front Rotor Sizes

So I know my 01 came with the smaller Rotors but I have a pair of the bigger WRX size. Will they fit the front without causing problems with the dust shield?

It's a GT-L so I have the 16in snowflakes.

The caliper or brake pad size didn't change from 00-01 to 02-04 just a little different style

i think you need 17 for most brembro brake swaps, but im sure it depends on the wrx years also, im thinking 02-05 might be small enough for 16s.

i have the 5 spoke/10 spoke (depends on how you think of it) wheels from a wrx on my car and they are only 16s.

what year did the bigger brakes come from?

Not sure if it helps or not but I accidentally ordered a set of GT rotors once when I was doing a brake job on an '07 Legacy. The rotors fit fine on the studs but the caliper wouldn't mount in place. I don't believe you can just slap bigger rotors on any car without changing the "caliper mount" for lack of a better term

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
The rotors should fit but you will need the bracket from the WRX calipers as well, or one from an 03-04 Legacy. The caliper is the same, the bracket moves the caliper further out to accommodate the larger diameter rotor.

Archived