LegacyGT.com

Hello all. I have a 1999 Subaru Forester with the EJ25 engine and had the bolt that hold's the gear mounted to the water pump for the timing belt break.:mad: Well long story short I replaced 16 Valves and fixed the engine. Now when I go to start the rig it start's and run's for about 1 second and dies. I have about 52 PSI at the fuel line so I hope that someone out there could tell me if the ECM is out of line or am I just missing some thing? Also there is one wire plug near the throttle body that I can't find where it should go? 3 wire's- Yellow with green stripe/black with red stripe/black with yellow stripe. Any input would sure be helpful. A Little about me. I live in a small farm town in North Dakota and build and fly airplane's. The subaru is the wife's car and she won't drive my old F250 diesel truck 4 speed! :) I have the idea of taking the EJ25 and mounting it in the KR-2 plane but the better half say's no way I need my car.

Welcome and glad you can join us

Moving this to the NA Tech forum so members will see it and can provide some answers.

Again, welcome.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Welcome and glad you can join us

Moving this to the NA Tech forum so members will see it and can provide some answers.

Again, welcome.

Thank you. for steering me in the right area. rather I get answers to the question's or not I'm glad I joined this forum. My Forester is such a great AWD and like I said "sure would be a good aircraft engine" The Subaru was my Dad's and he passed away last Aug. so I plan on keeping it forever even if I end up making a flower box out of it in 20 year's:lol:

Check your crank position sensor as well to make sure it's not also been compromised.

Not sure whether the crank gear was missing a tooth first, or the CPS and it met - incorrectly - and the broken tooth resulted.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived