LegacyGT.com

Murray Constant Tension Turbo Seal Clamps and Dual Bead Clamps

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So these are the plated screw and not SS clamps?

No, all these are Stainless. They aren't the Constant Tension (spring action) clamps. The Constant Tension cost 3x more and so far the testers are having no problems with the Dual Bead style.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

Okay, I just wanted clarification because they make those clamps in different metals.

DB**- plated screw

DB*SS- 400 series ss

DB**SS305- 300 series ss

DB**SS316- 316 series ss

You specify dbss for individual clamps but the set says db** which would be the plated screw. In my experience, the plated screw style worm clamps are not a full one piece clamp and will separate over time.

Okay, I just wanted clarification because they make those clamps in different metals.

DB**- plated screw

DB*SS- 400 series ss

DB**SS305- 300 series ss

DB**SS316- 316 series ss

You specify dbss for individual clamps but the set says db** which would be the plated screw. In my experience, the plated screw style worm clamps are not a full one piece clamp and will separate over time.

We only list one with plated screws, and only because the SS version is a 8 week lead time. Murray says other than the worst possible corrosion scenario they are functionally the same . That one is the DB48 Plated Screw. Only the screw is plated, the rest of the clamp meets the below specs. And they cost me the same as the stainless!

All others:

Murray Dual Bead Super Sealing Clamp SAE Type “F”– For air to air and coolant applications. The inner shield provides superb sealing characteristics and is safe for all soft hoses. It can also be found in the marine, agriculture, construction and off-highway markets.

The unique Dual Bead Shield provides superior sealing pressure via its two raised ribs and flanged edges to eliminate damage to the hose when tightened. The unique inner liner also concentrates band-sealing pressure, increasing performance up to 30% compared to standard smooth liners. Flanged edges protect soft hose compounds.

Electropolishing improves weld strength, which leads to improved performance, improved corrosion resistance, and enhances appearance with a more even finish.

Band Material: 300 Series Stainless

Housing Material: 300 Series Stainless

Shield Material: 300 Series Stainless

Screw Material: 400 Series Stainless

Rated Ultimate Torque: SS Screw 60in.lbs. min. (6.8Nm)

Recommended Installation Torque: SS Screw 35-45in.lbs. (4.0 - 5.1Nm)

Edited by Sgt.Gator

I'm a fan of Subi Performance You Tube channel. I just spotted him using a Constant Tension clamp on "How to put a Borgwarner EFR in a Subaru Forester Part I - Subi-Performance"

1106767708_SubiPerformanceYouTube1.JPG.81437cec67f59409dbec95fbdc3a012b.JPG

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We finally got in a new shipment of the DB20 clamps, it took months to get them.

All available on our EBay store page: https://www.ebay.com/str/colonelredracing