LegacyGT.com

Tire that has run long reduces fuel efficiency?

tjor89

I bought my car recently, a used one from a friend. Immediately after the purchase I got it into a service centre for a full check up and maintenance. There weren't any major issues. They suggested that all 4 tires should be changed before long, although not immediately. I have read in a lot of places that tire pressure affects fuel efficiency. Is this the same in case of a tire that is close to end of its life? I consider fuel efficiency as very important. So is it necessary that I change tires as soon as possible? What else can be done to improve fuel efficiency? Any words of advice will be really helpful. Thanks! :)

generally, tires that are more inflated touch the road a bit less, reducing friction and increasing fuel efficiency. However, the drawback is that the tire touches the road less, so you will loose some grip for braking, turning, etc..

The best modification for fuel efficiency is the driver modification. Understand the factors that go into reducing fuel use, especially throttle application.

Archived