LegacyGT.com

4th Gen - Fog Lights

Hey there,

Couldn't locate a thread on this. I figure i start one, if there is one, i apologize in advance. Share me a link i will look it up and post there instead.... I've been trying to find a solution to this, my used '07 Subaru Legacy came with Fogs, and the previous owner had installed HID 3k in them.. and it seems the bulbs go pretty quick (every 6 months). So i was wondering has anyone tried installing H3 LED kit in it? I've tried to query with Retrofit Source, but they don't sell it for that type of setup. Wondering if you crafty guys have done this yet? Is there any clearance issues? Is it possible the heat may melt the plastic cover? Which kit do you recommend?

Thanks for yout time,

Where are you buying HID capsules? Unless there's a ballast issue killing capsules, the bulbs should last quite a while.

I've gotten multiple years out of several sets of DDM 9006 and now H1 capsules on my accord. 3000k 9006 lowbeams for 3ish years, installed a set of cheap ebay 3000k capsules because the DDM 3000k's were pretty green and ran it for a year like that. Got pulled over a lot in Colonie, NY and switched to 5000k ebay bulbs for 6 months or so until I finally did a morimoto mini retrofit with DDM H1 4500k bulbs. Kept using my same DDM Tuning "Raptor" ballasts for the whole time.

I've been getting the bulbs off ebay, of course i understand you get what you paid for. So i ordered a set of 4300k h3 Philip bulbs off xenodepot as it had a promo of free shipping.. (shipping to for free to Canada is rare lol). I was about to do the install on the fogs.. but now it seems one of the ballasts is not working.....(when you replace the bulbs it doesn't light up) work got busy so didn't have time to work on it.. until now.. A buddy told me to get LED kit as the lights will last a lot longer.. and runs cooler and all that... so yeah.. I hear you the HID bulbs suppose to last longer.. My cheapie 4300k in the Headlights are now in their 4th year w/o replacement.. although driverside is starting to turn pink.. i have no idea of the ballast i'm thinking it's one of those ebay China kits.

OPT7 makes a pretty good LED fog light, the Arc-Beam kit, not the cheap CREE crap. Probably more than you wanted to spend tho.
I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

I have opt7 LED's in my low beams. It's a great quality kit, although it is extremely like a restickered chinese kit.

My only complaint about them is that the light is 6000k. Much too harsh and blue for my preferences.

Archived