LegacyGT.com

Boeshield T-9 - Anyone Use This?

Hello, I'm new here and am fairly new to Subaru. I have a nice 2012 Legacy 2.5 Limited that I am planning on keeping for a long time. I am in Pennsylvania and rust is my biggest longterm concern. Has anyone ever used Boeshield or anything similar on the underside to keep things from getting rusty down there?

That Rustoleum job looks good. I have done something similar to my older Toyota pickup using Eastwood products. Those trucks are great but they do have a reputation of literally rusting in half, so I was eager to get that done before it got bad. This Subaru still has over 40,000 miles on a fairly complete warranty, so, much against my normal inclination, somebody else will probably be doing the work on it for a while. Once it does become my turn to do the work, it would be nice not to have to deal with rust.

That Fluid-Film does look pretty good. Just based on what I read, the advantage to the Boeshield is that it does not swell rubber or soften paint.

don't bother with T9 on a car.

I've used CRC SP-400 for years. The one year I couldn't source it easily I tried some T9 (bought retail at LeeValley). It doesn't work nearly as well. If I were storing some machine metal parts in a sheltered room, I would consider T9. For a car driven in snow and salt, use something stronger.

Archived