LegacyGT.com

Help with powered seat wiring..

StevieGT

Hi..

Am in the middle of swapping out the cloth powered seats for a set of leather, also powered, but with memory and heaters... Not fussed about the heated bits yet, that can wait until nearer winter..

So far, everything straightforward but the power connector block in my car has 2 wires and obviously a 2 pin block..

Problem arose when I went to fit all the connectors together.. Everything was plug and play except the power block on the leather seats which have 4 wires..

I am sure this is probably basic for those that know, but my crappy level of understanding car electronics has me not knowing what to do next..

Looks to me (what do I know!) like a positive and 3 grounds... If so could I solder the grounds together and fit them onto the 2 pin plug in the car..?

Have the seats in bits at the moment and need to put it back together fairly sharpish as have to pop out later..

Anyone help please?

20160705_161223.thumb.jpg.d8f46ad9f8e8c01ca289db38a9a13935.jpg

20160705_161133.thumb.jpg.0886264f3680d414dc36cced87cdf5ec.jpg

Were the donor seats from the same model/year as yours? I swapped my non-limited leather heated seats (non-power) for the leather, power, heated seats from a limited model and everything was plug and play... but the donor car was the same model/year as mine.

Hi whisky..

I believe the seats are from a facelift model (06 and later?), my car is pre facelift..

Have now spoken to Hallie who has managed to decypher the US wiring diagram I have..

Seems the 2 extra wires go to the power window circuit breaker, and the parking brake switch. Hallies logic is that this is to prevent accidently (or on purpose) changing the memory settings while driving.. Could be nasty if one of the memories is for full reclining postion, at 70mph that could get a bit dicey..

Once I have found those 2 places I will run a line from each and give it a go.. fingers crossed..!

Other problem I have is that someone has cut off the airbag connector from the passenger seat, just 2 yellow wires there now.. It can be a bit tricky disconnecting the airbag connector as you have fully depress the green thingy on the side of it, guessing that whoever removed the seats lost patience with that and just cut it.. I could take the connector from the existing seat, but I am trying to see if the wires are the same (no id on the wires, look identical).. Am guessing that the circuit is a NC or NO type but as this is airbags, need to be certain before proceeding..

Going camping for a fortnight starting this weekend now I have the lpg fitted.. Going right around Britain and reckon the journey will be a couple of thousand miles.. Should be a good run and hoping no bits drop off on the way..!

Will get stuck in to more mods when I get back..

If the seats are from a newer version... then I have no idea! My seats are power but do not have the memory option. The wiring diagrams should be in FSM... so hopefully finding the wires that you need shouldn't be too hard. If you post up a pic of the airbag connector, I will see if the extra seat wiring harnesses I have has the same one and can see what the wire colors are if you want.

Archived