LegacyGT.com

STI Steering Wheel Swap Walkthrough

Shogun506

Here's my walkthrough on swapping a 2011 STI wheel into your 05-07 Legacy or Outback. In my opinion it makes the interior look new again. Renew your leather, get some steering wheel audio controls, or just get the nice red-stitch look without spending $600 on a DAMD wheel. Credit to MasAyinde for the cruise control wiring.

If you're going from an 05-07 you need an airbag for the new wheel (or at the minimum an airbag cover without the igniter).

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp_R2wKV3Dc[/ame]

Great video dude. I didnt realize how easy wiring the cruise was. I was basing it off another install where the guy was doing alot of soldering. Now i have a damd wheel with no cruise because of my paddle retrofit.

http://i.imgur.com/vSnycf4.jpg

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Nice job. I did the same in my 2009 FXT. And put the STi airbag on also because I got it for $40 and the horn switch on the stock airbag wasn't working well, so I figured, why not, gotta have a properly function horn to call out the idiots.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160701/046d289e3c2d93e4befbbb344812da0e.jpg

Great Video, I need some clarification on something. You got the 2011 STI Steering Wheel with the 08/09 Legacy airbag?

I might look into doing this, I like the stock steering wheel but its slowly pulling itself apart

I got an airbag without the igniter from a newer Impreza. It came cheap on a worn steering wheel so I just took it off and mounted it on the STI wheel. The airbags from the later model legacy, wrx, impreza, forester are all the same.

• 1 year later...
I can see in the vid of the lines lined up but could you more accurately tell me which color lines up with which color? i.e. RED(STi) to Black(old) or which port to plug the wires into the connector? Thanks.

Archived