LegacyGT.com

Misfire Issues

Same issue I'm having ('05 5EAT). Runs great for 2-4 minutes after cold start (just like you, not super cold - NorCal here). Then runs badly for about 1 minute, then after it warms up again, just fine.

Misfires on cyl3 (had a CEL for it once), and a few on cyl1 (hooked up Btssm today). Plus a few knock events.

I cleaned (at least tried) to clean the MAF last summer with CARB cleaner, IIRC. Also, wouldn't MAF affect both sides? And a bad coil only one cylinder?

Yeah, probably should swap 1/3 and see if the misfire follows that..

I cleaned (at least tried) to clean the MAF last summer with CARB cleaner, IIRC. Also, wouldn't MAF affect both sides? And a bad coil only one cylinder?

Yeah, probably should swap 1/3 and see if the misfire follows that..

:eek:

In case noone ever told you,

41fX171WA3L.jpg

Torque Pro app and a cheap OBD II adapter

I am surprised that Torque can read the misfire parameters. Last time I used Torque was late 2014, and it did not have the ability to read these. Did you enter specific PIDs in it to be able to read these variables?

Also, what is strange to me is that you got 200+ misfires on one cylinder. From my experience with btssm, the misfire count can only go up to 99 and then gets reset. I can't recall, did you get two CEL codes? Misfire codes for cylinder 1 and 2?

I am surprised that Torque can read the misfire parameters. Last time I used Torque was late 2014, and it did not have the ability to read these. Did you enter specific PIDs in it to be able to read these variables?

Also, what is strange to me is that you got 200+ misfires on one cylinder. From my experience with btssm, the misfire count can only go up to 99 and then gets reset. I can't recall, did you get two CEL codes? Misfire codes for cylinder 1 and 2?

I've only ever gotten a CEL code for cylinder 2.

Here is a link to the report: http://pastebin.com/SdgB5uHL

A couple tests show as incomplete because I had recently had the battery disconnected which reset the ECU, that probably contributed to the stalling because Idle hasn't properly been relearned but the misfire is there nonetheless.

Archived