LegacyGT.com

Won't go in reverse??

• 2 weeks later...
So this was the culprit for horrible shifter feel and eventually not able to engage reverse. Cable sits inside and slides back and forth within the clip. Not sure how it became damaged but my lead technician did discover a few screws and bolts down below the shifter that I left behind from various DIY's which may have contributed to it. So, finally after a week of pushing the car out of the garage and being very aware of where and how I park I now have reverse. Oh, and a WRX STS woot woot!!http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160706/be1526fa490c06c158d42876c96b2fca.jpg

Haha, yes I did and actually worked today as I had 5 days off up in Maine.

So before I lost reverse, the shifter was feeling horrible, couldn't find gears, so much slop etc mostly the bad cable being the culprit I'm sure. So now between both new cables and the STS, I once again say holy crap batman, why didn't I do this sooner!! It really is a huge difference. Every gear is right there and more connected without having to think about it. So much smooth going on now. I love and hate you all for making me buy stuff but more in the love side of course!!

• 11 months later...

Archived