LegacyGT.com

Major Problem need advice on what to do!!!

I have an 05 Limited GT that I bought in mid August of this year, the car has 5500 miles on it and I'm having nothing but problems with it. The dealership knows me by first name I have been there so much. The passenger seat buttons have come off for the power seat, the leather trim is coming off the doors, the door handle on the backseat passenger side is grinding and makes a squeaking noise, the CD player skips, the car studders into frist gear, and the power windows work sometimes. Otherwise i love the car but the dealership won't help me as far as fixing the other things. Don't want to get rid of it but don't want all the problems. PLEASE HELP ME, GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO

contact Subaru of America

Customer Service: 1-800-SUBARU3

Eastern Hours: 8:30 - 5:00 Monday-Thursday, 10:30 - 5:00 Friday

Central Hours: 8:30 - 5:00 Monday-Thursday, 9:30 - 4:00 Friday

Mountain Hours: 7:30 - 4:00 Monday-Thursday, 8:30 - 3:00 Friday

Pacific Hours: 7:30 - 4:00 Monday-Thursday, 7:30 - 2:00 Friday

Written correspondence can be sent to:

Subaru of America, Inc.

Subaru Plaza

P.O. Box 6000

Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-6000

Attn: Customer/Dealer Services

http://autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/IL_lemonlaw.html check this out

Print it out and bring it to them. http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumers/lemonlaw.html

Remember- Keep Good Records!

Keep all receipts and records concerning repairs to your vehicle. Note the purpose and date of all repairs along with the length of time your vehicle is in the shop. The records you keep will be important in winning your claim!

Chicago

1-800-386-5438

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

The following are the steps I would do with any dealer, so first try a different dealer and then:

1. Reliably reproduce every problem and have the dealer document that in the system

2. If you can't reliably reproduce it, when it does occur, stop by the dealer and have them document it

3. Request that they fix all the problems that were documented and if they deny or refuse to fix a problem(s) get it in writing from the dealer

4. Request thru the dealer to setup an appointment when the district rep passes by the dealership so that you can either reproduce a problem(s), request that it be fixed or get a refusal to fix in writing for whatever reason("normal operation", "get used it")

5. If the district rep is of no help, contact Subaru of America @ 1-800-SUBARU3 and escalate the issue

6. If Subaru of America is of no help, seek Lemon Law and I think you can do it on your own without the help of a lawyer.

An important thing is they most of the time dealers can't/won't fix something that can't be reproduced infront of them. They just won't take your word for it, so again reproduce the problem for them, don't rely on them trying to reproduce something from your verbal description, and make sure they document it.

I keed I keeed

isnt lemon law only apply if the same thing breaks so many times or is it just having a lot of problems?

Not an expert on Ill lemon law. Read through the links and see if you find anything that applys to you. Try calling the number at the bottom of my last post Monday morning. They may be able to answer your qeustions. I would suggest going with post 2 and 4's suggestions first. they have been around longer than me and probably have seen this problem before. if that doesnt work out for you try the lemon laws. Best of luck, and keep us updated

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Archived