LegacyGT.com

Help with Clicking from Bell Housing are when Clutch is Depressed?!?!

robmat

A little background:

2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT

I recently replaced my clutch with the exedy fjk1001fw kit (lightweight flywheel) and the TSK3 kit. I had some trouble mating the transmission when putting things back together and ended having the clutch fork drop on me on one of the attempts. So after three attempts and quite a bit of struggling, things went back together and the clutch was working properly.

Last week the car developed what sounded like TOB whine and a click in the clutch pedal that can be heard and felt in the pedal. After playing around a bit, I found that the tiniest bit of pressure on the clutch fork stopped the whining/squeak and that the clicking noise was not the pedal or pedal assembly, but was coming from the area where the Slave Cylinder and clutch fork are.

To remedy this I replaced the slave cylinder and installed a return spring for the clutch fork. While this fixed the whine, the pedal/transmission click remains. It is still audible and can still be felt when depressing the clutch pedal.

I'm guessing my next course of action will be to pull it apart again and inspect everything, starting with the pressure plate and throwout bearing. I'm wondering if all of the movement during the install process may have damaged anything causing things to hang up somewhere?

Has anyone had a similar experience or can anyone shed a little light on this situation?

Thanks so much- Robmat

Archived