LegacyGT.com

would a forester xt drivetrain fit into a legacy?

a wrecked '14+ forester xt would not be that expensive. i want x mode, i hate shifting, and i love the oil filter on top of the engine. i have an '11 outback 2.5i but i don't like snails being able to pass me. my cars before this had 300+ whp.

im sure the engine and transmission would fit fine, would it work with maybe a legacy gt driveshaft to power the rear? my outback is totally paid off and i have so much into it, i don't really want another car. here's a pic of my car because why not? 13445433_10205207365943865_30589560682608198_n.jpg?oh=767e07cd4f4bde20ab4dd2a35da60ded&oe=57D4E29B

You can make anything fit into anything if you have the time and money. I watched a TV show where a shop put a RWD Corvette drivetrain into a FWD Chevy HHR, and there are companies specializing in putting AWD Subaru drivetrains into 2WD VW Vanagons (aka "Subagons").

I assume your real question is whether it would be a direct bolt-on. I'm sure someone here knows the answer.

i was thinking the rest of the world's 2012ish legacy wagon gt had a 2.0liter but it was a 2.5. so i was kinda thinking the xt's drivetrain was just an americanized version of that.

http://cdn1.evo.co.uk/sites/evo/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/images/dir_828/car_photo_414442.jpg?itok=uIaeJe68

There was a 2011 legacy gt sold in the states, but it had the ej255 with the front low mount turbo similar to the new wrx (but single scroll).

I would think that getting to run like oem while switching to a manual tranny would give you more issues. You might do a custom exhaust manifold with a low mount turbo and a fmic at the sane time... but that all sounds pretty expensive and you may never get all the bugs out of it.

It would be cheaper and more reliable to get a 3.6R and put headers on it

Archived