LegacyGT.com

2002 pain in the shorts

Hey all,

Im back again. This 2002 wagon is the biggest pain in the butt Ive ever owned. Never saw a car that was so clean but had so many problems one after the other. Ive tried looking at the posts but cant seem to find anything close to my issue.

So I had the intake gasket changed months ago to solve a fluctuating idle. On the way home from the shop i got an oil pressure light come on. I parked it and checked the oil. All fluids were A-ok. I then went to start it and there was a bang. Now it wont start although the engine turns over. I took off the exhaust to check if the cats were plugged. They are in good shape. And now when I turn the key to start it turns over but then every single warning light comes on and the fans start running. Everything stays on including the fans even with the key out of the ignition. The only way to stop it is to unplug the battery or disconnect one of the relays in the fuse box. So Im at wits end. Ive tried getting the local Subaru guys to give me a bit of advice (dad bought a $40k brand new car from them less than a year ago) but they wont tell me squat. As much research as I have done all i can think of is that it is either the ignition switch or the ecu is blown. Any and all advice would be most appreciated. Ive been praying someone will steal it out of my driveway but they would need a towtruck...too much to ask of karma i guess. Meteor strike?? Help!!

Archived