LegacyGT.com

99 Legacy Wagon Overide Programming Button/Code Alarm Programming Button

Can someone tell me where this is and better yet...what it looks like (PICS PLEASE?? i looked under the dash...removed the upper panel and still don't see it. Im not sure what it looks like, but starting to think its just not there.

Trying to program a fob to it but can't find this button. If someone has done this before...please advise

FYI-I tried the 10x thing..all combinations of it...no good...

The Code alarm programming button is located,(underneath) on the left side of the lower dash valance. On my 99 Legacy sedan it is mounted near the knee panel but not on it. They are frequently moved or just stuck "where-ever". If it's original configuration, it is a 2 piece part. The actual button is about the size of a pencil eraser and is Black color, this small button is/can be mounted inside a protective bezel that is shaped like like a screw-on soda bottle top,(not a flat cap). I will try to get a picture of it tonight & post it. Also, if yours has the alarm option, there should be a red button on the left side of the of the dash valance,(near knee). This is a lighted button when the alarm is active and also serves to switch the alarm to valet/inactive mode. Mine,(and other) Code alarms are often faulty and go off frequently, and can be triggered by other mfg fobs, especially chevys, (mine at least), these surprise alarms will usually go off when you've just sat on the toilet, or your friends figure it out and ....... yeah you guessed it...... Good luck...

Archived