LegacyGT.com

ECU Fault Log- after grimmspeed intake install.

drunkinmonk

Just installed the intake and I'm getting check engine light here are my codes. Any insight from the experts? Thank you

Fault log report generated by Torque for Android

=================================================

Vehicle VIN:

Vehicle Manufacturer:

Vehicle Calibration ID:

Current Fault Log

------------------

P0102: Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input

P0113: Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

Pending Fault Log

------------------

P0172: System too Rich (Bank 1)

Historic Fault Log

------------------

ECU reports no historic faults

Other discovered fault codes

(possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)

----------------------------------------------------

ECU reports no other fault codes logged

End of report.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I just watched a video on YouTube about a guy installing a cai on his 2.5i legacy 08 I believe on this video he said after he installed his threw the same code so what he did was delete the code then disconnect the battery and let it sit for a half hour disconnected. After the half hour was up he reconnected the battery and let it sit for another 15-20 minutes. In the mean time while he was wait he cleaned the maf sensor and butterfly valve. After that time was up he tried starting the car and after it started he let it sit at idle until his temp gauge got to normal operating temps. After that he said he had no more issues by disconnecting the battery that shut off the ecu and by reconnecting it after the time that booted it back up and started to relearn everything. Then from what he said by letting it sit at idle till the temp gauge gets up that lets the maf sensor and the air fuel ratio relearn itself and the new settings. Again this is just what I seen while watching the video on YouTube. If you want just go on YouTube type in 09 legacy 2.5i cai for me it was the first video that popped up from cdogg2233. I hope that might help you

You unplugged the MAF while the ECU was looking at it. If the MAF is getting any sort of reading you're fine, just reset the ECU.

The other pending code is because you havent tuned for the intake. It's not a plug and play deal.

Grimmspeed says you can use the cobb AP and it should be fine. I did double check the maf sensor. I ended up disconnecting the battery and cleaning the maf now is good. I also reflashed my cobb tune. I'll be getting a protune soon.

Grimmspeed says you can use the cobb AP and it should be fine. I did double check the maf sensor. I ended up disconnecting the battery and cleaning the maf now is good. I also reflashed my cobb tune. I'll be getting a protune soon.

For clarification: We only recommend the use of the Cobb OTS maps (+SF Intake of course) as a temporary solution to a protune. As the car will run very rich on that tune, which is safer (but not ideal) than running with no tune/non-+SF Intake OTS tune).

But as mentioned, those codes look like you disconnected the MAF sensor. We're glad you got it figured out as well, and get that tune!

Chase

Engineering

For clarification: We only recommend the use of the Cobb OTS maps (+SF Intake of course) as a temporary solution to a protune. As the car will run very rich on that tune, which is safer (but not ideal) than running with no tune/non-+SF Intake OTS tune).

But as mentioned, those codes look like you disconnected the MAF sensor. We're glad you got it figured out as well, and get that tune!

Chase

Engineering

Thank you. I just went back to stock and will wait till i get my other parts to do a tune all at once. That filter needs to be oile, correct?

Thank you. I just went back to stock and will wait till i get my other parts to do a tune all at once. That filter needs to be oile, correct?

That is an excellent idea, and will yield you the best results!

Yes, it is an oiled filter, and should be oiled if it has been cleaned (pretty easy to tell if it is no longer red).

But we also have a dry filter option available on our website if that's something you're more comfortable with: http://www.grimmspeed.com/grimmspeed-dry-element-air-filter-3-0-inlet/

I personally use oiled, but some people swear by dry, and it takes the guess work out of re-oiling your filter after you clean it. So at the end of the day it's all preference really.

Chase

Engineering

Archived