LegacyGT.com

Eyesight: E-Z Pass tag placement

Jeff Gilbert

I understand that the usual placement of an E-Z Pass transponder (behind the rear view mirror) will interfere with the Eyesight cameras. But all E-Z Pass guidance says to put it behind the mirror. Where should I put it in my 2016 Legacy so that it does not interfere with the cameras but can still be detected when going through a toll plaza?

Thanks for the link to the older thread on this topic. It looks to me like mounting in the upper right corner of the windshield will work. I'll try that. If there is a problem, I'll have to resort to the transponder that mounts on the front bumper. Not my preference, as it seems like it would be easy to steal.

• 2 weeks later...

Background: Father is a over the road truck driver.

When EZ Pass first came out he had friends who used it and didn't want to use it all the time (when not pulling a trailer it's cheaper to pay out of pocket than pay for 2-3 more axles) and tried putting it in various places in the sleeper even in the refrigerator and they still were being read. The only way to block it was an anti-static bag after talking to EZ Pass. With that in mind I've never had issues with mounting location as long as it was placed with the flat side up. I've had them read from the dash and anywhere you have line of sight. Accidentally held the round side up once and it didn't read but it probably has some sort of metal on that side to catch the signal from the toll booth.

Archived