LegacyGT.com

GT 2005 Auto Tran throwing codes

hi all,

I have a 05 GT auto trans that I recently pulled, resealed and put back into the car. While putting it back, I broke the front driver side speed sensor. I replaced the sensor (Subaru part) and finished up the car. When ever I start the car, no issues. When I drive, the first shift from 1 to 2 is harsh and then starts blinking the power light. I pulled the codes and got c0108 (front speed sensor which I replaced). What are my next steps? Connectors are good and clips in place. Do I need to reset the ecu/tcu?

thanks in advance.

its possible the ring (I think people call it a tone ring) on the wheel bearing/hub assy got damaged which is what the wheel speed sensor works together with to do their job.. you can inspect it and check for any nicks or scratches.. if it is damaged you will need to replace this bearing/hub assembly and you will want to get the OEM ones especially for the front two wheels. members have documented that other brand of hubs for the front dont always work with our wheel speed sensors.. something to do with the offset of this ring being even a little bit off

OEM front hubs and I believe you have better chances using after market or alternative brand hubs in the rear

I just replaced two wheel speed sensors and hoping my ABS light goes now but haven't checked yet..if it doesn't I may have to replace hubs as well...wah wah

you have the abs light on? what is this power light you speak of? I would put the scanner tool on the car again what you used to pull the wheel speed sensor info and see what it says now.. if it doesn't say anything about wheel speed sensor now maybe its another issue

Archived