LegacyGT.com

Legacy Spec B will start at $34,620

[q]Subaru Announces Spec.B Pricing

CHERRY HILL, N.J. — Subaru said its high performance version of the Subaru Legacy, the 2006 2.5 GT spec. B, will be priced at $34,620 and include features tailored for the American market, including a standard navigation system, upgraded sound system, Bilstein shocks and a custom interior.

The spec.B is on sale this month. The all-wheel-drive car is equipped with a 2.5-liter, intercooled, turbo Boxer engine that produces 250 horsepower and 250 pound-feet of torque. It is mated to a five-speed manual transmission.

The U.S. model comes in an exclusive titanium-silver metallic exterior paint. The spec.B has ground-effects moldings with chrome trim; 18-inch, 10-spoke alloy wheels; and low-profile performance tires.[/q]

That is a crazy price. You could get a LGT Limited auto for $25,200 in Socal last month. I doubt dealers will discount it much, since they are only making 500 of them.

The only issue even worthh discussing here is whether the Bilstein shocks are worth it and they are not. Much more worthwhile suspension upgrades that add much more ooomph to the chassis/suspension can be done aftermarket on your own including:

1) Dump stock tires and put on top rated performance tires like the Goodyear F1's, Pirelly Zero's or Conti Sport Contact 2's.

2) Install a Cobb antisway bar.

3) Upgrade bushings.

....all which will add much more to the car than Bilstein shocks.

*sigh*

I'll be nice, I flamed enough people this week so far. We all found out about this a few weeks ago when the announcement was made (9/20). I got a ride in one at the Subaru FunFest on 9/25 and took lots of pictures that I put on the web, including lots of pics of the new WRX.

Pics can be found here: http://subarublue.com/funfest/

enjoy,

- Mike

The only issue even worthh discussing here is whether the Bilstein shocks are worth it and they are not.

Here is the window sticker from one of the cars I had until it was rear ended by an Audi:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/bilstein.jpg

Back in 1985 $470.00 got you the z51 package with stiffer springs, thicker sway bars, Bilstein gas-charged shocks, a more rigid frame, an oil cooler, 13:1steering ratio (over the 15:1) and wider wheels.

Archived