LegacyGT.com

So this showed up today...

mtruffat

Thanks will do on the maintance. Have you had good luck with any local tuners?

If you are in the Seattle/Tacoma area, the shop of choice seems to be PIA in the Parkland/Tacoma part of the world. Their tuner has a good reputation as does their shop. Watch out for Out Front in Auburn. I used to take my car there by default, but their service has been slipping for some time.

+1 for PIA. Mike is a great tuner. I have been very happy with his tune on my Dom 1.5XT-R. Highly recommended. Also +1 on avoiding Outfront. I wasted way to much time and money at that place. Should have learned my lesson by the third time I had to take my car back for them to fix their shoddy work. It took the magical fourth time for me to wash my hands of them.

The east coast, near Boston. We got the exact car we were looking for.

Congrats! Great color!

But I hope you're not disappointed with all the rust that's sure to be on the bottom side. Power wash that thing off good, in all the nooks and crannies, take the fender liners out, wash it down good so any residual salt doesn't continue eating things away every time it gets wet. I personally would never even consider a car that was from the Salt Belt.

Nice choice!

+2 on the recommendation to avoid Infront Automotive (FKA Outback). I gave them too much money on the last car and there was always questionable things after getting work done. I'm actually taking my car to PIA on Friday for a tune. Ill be able to chime in more about them shortly.

Congrats! Great color!

But I hope you're not disappointed with all the rust that's sure to be on the bottom side. Power wash that thing off good, in all the nooks and crannies, take the fender liners out, wash it down good so any residual salt doesn't continue eating things away every time it gets wet. I personally would never even consider a car that was from the Salt Belt.

Yeah I hear you, it is a bummer to get a car from that part of the U.S. That said the car isn't too bad underneath. I just started attacking it with a wirebrush, rust converter and a top coat of paint. A bit more work but we did get a low mileage, XT 5 speed in red out of the deal, so I am not complaining.

Nice choice!

+2 on the recommendation to avoid Infront Automotive (FKA Outback). I gave them too much money on the last car and there was always questionable things after getting work done. I'm actually taking my car to PIA on Friday for a tune. Ill be able to chime in more about them shortly.

Cool I am interested to hear how it goes at PIA, I think the mods are off the list for awhile. I still need to sell my other cars first :)

Archived