LegacyGT.com

Left side marker light not working?

I know this is long, please help me!

So if you've read any of my other posts you may have come across one where I mention a non-working rear signal light on my 2000 Legacy. Well I have fixed that problem with a new socket. After replacing that my light continued to flash fast and I couldn't figure out why, all the lights appeared to work just as they should. Well, I finally noticed there were two lights in each front turn signal. I found the lower 1157 bulb was burned out. Let me mention that up to this point my marker lights all worked. I didn't have an 1157 handy so I installed an 1156, knowing that it would only function on signal, but not for the marker light, as it was a single element not a dual element.Shortly after my driver side signals stopped working all together. I screwed around with the wiring on the socket I replaced and couldn't figure it out! Finally, I realized that if I gently move the turn signal indicator to the left it will engage. Wala, I had signals again. Shortly after I found that the marker lights were not working, top nor bottom. I finally got around to buying the correct bulb, however after replacement I can not get the lower bulb to illuminate unless I press down on it. Yes it is seated into place like it should be! However, I still do not have marker lights on this side. If I press the button on the column they will not light up, and they will not light up when I turn the headlights on. The passenger side lights up perfect. I just ordered new headlights and I believe they come with new plugs and bulbs. I'm hoping this will remedy the problem! Any thoughts on this, Thanks a bunch!

Try to space out your paragraphs its hard to read a wall of text.

New head lights do not come with bulbs. Also cheap after market head lights, their wiring is horrible and can be problematic with causing shorts. I got new head lights and used my old headlight's guts.

I apologize for the giant paragraph, I suppose I was just in a hurry.

The lights I ordered have a photo specifically showing two individual marker bulbs as well as connectors for those bulbs. It does not specifically list them coming with the housings, so they may or may not be included. I don't really care either way, it just would've been a neat feature.

Also, I don't believe my head light housings actually have any wiring in them. I could be wrong but I think all of my lights just pop in and all wiring is part of the vehicle wiring harness.

Keep in mind, my car is an L model and the housings only have a single bulb for high and low beam. Your car may have the dual bulb setup. Thank you for the feedback. I will post a link of the actual lights I ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I received the lights today! They did indeed come with brand new marker/blinker bulbs as well as new connectors.

Sadly my left side marker light still does not work, nor does the dual element bulb. The single element bulb works just as it should.

Has anyone ever been through this? Please help!

Archived